Forums > Newbie Forum > Model rates - different countries?

Model

Martina Satoria

York, England, United Kingdom

Could somebody take a look at my portfolio and tell me how much would be reasonable to charge in different countries please? I´ll appreciate every comment. I´d love to know the rates especially in the UK, in the Netherlands and in Germany...well in Europe generally. Thank you!

Jan 26 15 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

JosephZahnlePhotography

Caldwell, Idaho, US

Hello Martina

I see no one has answered you yet.

Wish I had an answer for you.

Jan 26 15 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

Hello and welcome to the Mayhem.  You''ll get the most detailed answer to such a question by asking in the critique form.  People are not allowed to critique here which makes it hard to go into any details about why you might commend any given rate.  It may also be helpful if you mention what type of modeling most interests you.

Jan 26 15 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hi Martina,
                  To be truthful, it is hard to give a definitive answer, as it depends on he type of shoot, who is the client hiring you and the photographer and what the end picture is being used for. If your a professional model, represented by an agency, the figure is generally set, or if you are high end and have a manager, they decide. If however your semi professional, in England its an average of £25plus an hour, dependent on what your wearing, or not wearing. The more established and appealing your portfolio, the more demand and more you can ask for. Like all models, they generally start, or refresh their portfolio, doing trade time for pictures. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know when your in England, as I would be happy to work with you. In any case, good luck with your career. smile

Jan 27 15 12:26 am Link

Model

jnkl

Čaġčarān, Ġawr, Afghanistan

Well, I live in Denmark and I can really only advice from my own experiences smile

There''s not a lot of demand for my type here. I think you''d have more succes than me, however I have the advantage that I shoot nudes. My rate for jobs where the photographer is allowed to sell, post or exhibit any way he wants to, without showing or giving me images afterwards, is usually about $90/hour here. That includes nude pictures, different props/wardrobe that I have available, and me doing my own makeup.

Also, I have 11 years of experience. If I were you and were looking for jobs in Denmark, I would charge about $45-$60. Best of luck and welcome to MM smile

Jan 27 15 05:46 am Link

Model

JadeDRed

London, England, United Kingdom

Normal modelling rates for the kind of work you''d pick up on sites like this would usually be £20-£40 an hour in the UK.

Jan 27 15 06:35 am Link

Photographer

FredSugar

Dallas, Texas, US

Satoria wrote:
Could somebody take a look at my portfolio and tell me how much would be reasonable to charge in different countries please? I´ll appreciate every comment. I´d love to know the rates especially in the UK, in the Netherlands and in Germany...well in Europe generally. Thank you!

Modeling rates vary not only country to country but even from city to city and geographical areas.  It is hard to find a "standard" rate.

Jan 27 15 06:46 am Link