Forums > Photography Talk > What type of film is this?

Photographer

Lucas Gabellini-Fava

London, England, United Kingdom

http://www.starnow.co.nz/Leojonah/photos/6319304

If anyone has an idea, it would be much appreciated smile

Feb 12 15 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

Zack Zoll

Glens Falls, New York, US

Assuming it's new stock, my guess would be one of the Fuji films. They all go pastel when overexposed, but 400h does it the most obviously. I'd guess Portra NC, if that hadn't been discontinued for a few years. The NC had this wonderful habit of making each individual colour look good, and yet somehow incapable of being in the same scene as all the other colours.  So it was technically inaccurate, but I loved it because the colour was so surreal.

But are you sure it's film? I wouldn't be surprised if it was digital, processed just so to look like film.

Feb 12 15 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

Mikey McMichaels

New York, New York, US

I'm guessing it's not film.

It does look a little like a lens that doesn't have multi coatings, like lens meant for a film camera.

Feb 12 15 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

Tamarack Publications

Washington, District of Columbia, US

If it is indeed film, my guess is Ektachrome 200 bt the look of the trees and sky (blues & greens)

Feb 13 15 09:52 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

The model

https://www.modelmayhem.com/3608254

might be able to tell you, or put you in touch with the photographer.

Feb 13 15 10:03 am Link

Photographer

Downtown Pro Photo

Crystal Lake, Illinois, US

won't be able to tell from a scanned image.  Any characteristics of any particular type of film can be altered when scanning making a guess based off of coloration invalid.  Just like different films have different characteristic, different scanners working in various color spaces and program preferential for converting colors to files can render those characteristics moot.  Kind of like asking what type of paper was originally used for a print based off of the color xerox you have.

Feb 13 15 10:57 am Link