This thread was locked on 2015-02-18 11:50:21
Forums > General Industry > Help 2 Reporters Expose a Craigslist Modeling Scam

Artist/Painter

Matthew Phelan

New York, New York, US

Hey, all. I'm a journalist who has written for Gawker, Salon, and a handful of science publications, and some other places.

My co-writer Liz and I are working on a project involving modeling scams. We're particularly interested in speaking with anyone who has had experience with a photographer by the name of "Enzo Davis" a.k.a. Max, and his associates. More than likely this would be in the New York Metro Area, but also potentially in Italy, or Europe, or elsewhere. Enzo/Max has had an ad posted on CL on and off for a a few years (or maybe even longer) offering $700-1400 for "open minded" and "smackable" models for an art showcase in Berlin.

You can remain anonymous, if you wish, but we are especially interested in people who can go on the record.

E-mail, telephone, or in-person conversations would all be fine. We can't pay for information (journalistic ethics), but will happily buy anyone a cup of coffee or something for your time, if the three of us meet up. Any information at all, even if all you did was meet with him and discuss a possible project, would be helpful.

My email is matthew.phelan at gawker dot com ... or you can try DM'ing me on Twitter @CBMDP

We're also trawling CL looking for people with knowledge of Enzo, so the picture in our craigslist ad may jog your memory: https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4890384869/wkscp

Feb 18 15 09:34 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

So, you opened an MM account to go on a witch hunt?  My impression of this community, is that they would oppose scams but would also be wary of a post such as this.  Care to back up your accusation?

Feb 18 15 11:34 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Matthew Phelan wrote:
Hey, all. I'm a journalist who has written for Gawker, Salon, and a handful of science publications, and some other places.

My co-writer Liz and I are working on a project involving modeling scams. We're particularly interested in speaking with anyone who has had experience with a photographer by the name of "Enzo Davis" a.k.a. Max, and his associates. More than likely this would be in the New York Metro Area, but also potentially in Italy, or Europe, or elsewhere. Enzo/Max has had an ad posted on CL on and off for a a few years (or maybe even longer) offering $700-1400 for "open minded" and "smackable" models for an art showcase in Berlin.

You can remain anonymous, if you wish, but we are especially interested in people who can go on the record.

E-mail, telephone, or in-person conversations would all be fine. We can't pay for information (journalistic ethics), but will happily buy anyone a cup of coffee or something for your time, if the three of us meet up. Any information at all, even if all you did was meet with him and discuss a possible project, would be helpful.

My email is matthew.phelan at gawker dot com ... or you can try DM'ing me on Twitter @CBMDP

We're also trawling CL looking for people with knowledge of Enzo, so the picture in our craigslist ad may jog your memory: https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4890384869/wkscp

https://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/kavips/arte_johnson1_zps34373fd0.jpg~original

Feb 18 15 11:46 am Link