Forums > Critique > okay now i'm worried. help!

Model

Priscilla Ramos

Tampa, Florida, US

Earlier in the week I received a message from a MMer offering me a paid editorial shoot. SOUNDS SO LEGIT TO ME but some areas seem REALLY shady!!!! But I don't know......

"Company" name is Lifetime Photography Inc. Which I've searched on the internet and can't find.
Shoot is a couple hundred dollars to show off a line of handbags, wallets, and purses.

The person emailing me, looked up his name as a photographer and did not find it anywhere.

I just don't know, it seems legit and shady at the same time

Has anyone been offered the same thing and now what I'm talking about?

Feb 18 15 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

ColourFool

Breda, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

So it sounds too good to be true to you huh?

Feb 18 15 04:05 pm Link

Model

Priscilla Ramos

Tampa, Florida, US

ColourFool wrote:
So it sounds too good to be true to you huh?

It doesn't sound TOO good to be true,,, because it sounds like a regular paid fashion shoot but it is kind of sketchy that the name of the business and photographer when searched can not be found. And the MM account that initially sent the message has been disabled.

But then again, I'd figure, you know some freelance photographers (like he claims to be) wouldn't be found on the internet and if it's a small business then it could be not found on the internet too... it's just so weird.

Feb 18 15 04:14 pm Link

Model

Priscilla Ramos

Tampa, Florida, US

Same way a freelance model wouldn't just pop right up when you google it you know what I mean?

Feb 18 15 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

Laura Elizabeth Photo

Rochester, New York, US

Do they have a website, FB or portfolio somehwere or anything? Just ask for some more background info and references. If not I'm going to say pass.

Feb 18 15 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

Carl Herbert

Bellevue, Washington, US

If his MM account disappeared abruptly while he was communicating with you then you can forget about it. He was probably working on a number of other models at the same time.

Feb 18 15 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

please do not post in multiple forums
https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/941081

Feb 18 15 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

g2-new photographics

Boston, Massachusetts, US

It sounds like a scam.

Whenever I see a question like yours I go to his or her MM portfolio page and look for the age.  Almost always around 18 or 19.  It's as if these people prey on the young and still-innocent.

Check out the MM Scan/Recognize/Avoid link:http://www.modelmayhem.com/education/using-mm/2854-avoiding-scams-the-basics

smile

And - other than things like this - best of fortune on MM!

Feb 18 15 04:30 pm Link