Forums > Critique > Looking for thoughts

Model

Cali J Steele

Tampa, Florida, US

I am totally new to the MM world and started modeling end of January just wanted to get some thoughts and what people thought of my work so far?

Feb 26 15 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

Pictures of Life

Spokane, Washington, US

Your port is redundant. I noticed you have one pic posted 3 times, the exact same pic; and quite a few are posted twice. The same picture cropped in slightly, is still the same picture.   2-3 pics from each look is generally plenty.  You should easily be able to cull your port from 270 pics down to 60. 
     Your most frequent smile looks almost painful.  Try getting more expressions, especially playful ones.  I assume you know that you are well suited for vintage pin-up.  Review some old pin up and look at the posing and expressions, it's playful.  Your NY baseball jersey pic is great as far as the attitude.  Do more like that.
    Even though you have lots of bedroom shots, there is nothing with a romantic edit.  That's mostly on the editing process, but it might help you to see what you're doing as romantic so you can get in the groove.  I think it will help you to differentiate if you are going for confident and sexy, or playful, or romantic.
     Maybe there's a reason, but you don't seem to have ever credited your photographer. 
     Thanks for being bold, good luck.

Feb 26 15 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

TerrysPhotocountry

Rochester, New York, US

With so many images that you have posted. I could have cut the 271 images down to about 27 images. That would serve you much better.

Feb 26 15 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Your portfolio would do a better job for you if you post just the best picture from each look rather than a handful of photos each time.

Feb 26 15 07:30 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Your avatar is enough to make me not want to see the rest of your port. Next.

Feb 26 15 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

David Kirk

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I couldn't get past the first few rows.  Why post so many similar looking photos and force the reader to scroll to see if there is anything different in there.  I gave up.

Feb 27 15 10:57 am Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Delta, British Columbia, Canada

Your avatar is better now.

Take 1-3 pictures from each shoot (at most!), and pare down your port to *at least* 75. You have a lot of duplication, or minor variation, it's not worth looking at all those pictures, I can get the same, or better, impression if you don't make me scroll through that many to see if I'm missing something that might indicate I want to use you as a model.

I count roughly 17-18 photoshoots, so that would mean roughly 60-75 pictures at most. You need to look at all the rest, they are not all your best work. Pick your favorite, call it a 10, then compare the rest, if it's less than an 8, take it out of your port.

FYI, I finally got to the end, and as I feared, that's where your best pics are, I like the yellow dress shot best out of your whole port, and the rest at the end have some potential too, but most ppl are never going to see them in that port, they aren't going to scroll down that far, as is evidenced here already.

Feb 27 15 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

SV FOTO

Tucson, Arizona, US

Your best photo is the second last. Possibly taken in your bedroom and not by a photographer, how comfortable were you on that one? You need more of that and less of all the rest.

Feb 27 15 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Cut your portfolio down to your best 20 *nonredundant* images.

Mar 01 15 04:46 am Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Over all for me you have too many similar photos, a guide that works for me is one photo of each look, the idea is to have a range of photos to show off your many looks

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/150210/18/54dabe30c3e20_m.jpg
So what is the subject in this image, the blue Jeep Wrangler or the model?
Models left hand pose and smile look forced.

Wish you well

Mar 01 15 05:20 am Link