Forums > Critique > sexy enough?

Photographer

Paint a Pose

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

what do you think of this one as a glamour shot?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2FtO5 … sp=sharing

Feb 28 15 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Its ok

Feb 28 15 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

Paint a Pose

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Garry k wrote:
Its ok

Hi Garry ... would you tell me what you like / don't like about this picture? I'm trying to improve it ... just looking for some professional criticism

Feb 28 15 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Ferris

New York, New York, US

The model is a knockout but as for a glamour shot I would rather her looking at the camera. This would be a great shot for the MUA's port because it shows her eye make up off really well.

Feb 28 15 11:25 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm not really a fan of glamor - but that said.

I'm confused by the yellow toning of the entire image. It's not giving the impression of warm light, if that's what you were after, just yellow. Glamor is typically more true to skin tones.

Feb 28 15 11:36 pm Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

It's ok, but not my own style.

Mar 01 15 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

HKB Studios

Havre de Grace, Maryland, US

Pretty good shot in my opinion. The head tilted down makes her eyes appear closed, however, it is still acceptable, whenever possible I try to avoid this. I would like to have seen her off the wall a bit more, this would allow her left arm to be seen, as is her left hand looks out of place (floating).

Mar 02 15 07:18 am Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

J O H N  A L L A N wrote:
I'm confused by the yellow toning of the entire image. It's not giving the impression of warm light, if that's what you were after, just yellow. Glamor is typically more true to skin tones.

+1

But just one worthless opinion.

smile

Mar 02 15 09:32 am Link

Photographer

James Felix

Phoenix, Arizona, US

As a base image it is "ok."  I think it would look better if she were looking up with big eyes.  Also, like I said, this should be the base and there should be some post work done to enhance shadows/highlights.

Mar 02 15 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

if you are thinking of adding this to your portfolio, it will only lower your average.

It is tired and cliched. 

The colour cast is off-putting, the pose is contrived, the angle seems to have been chosen to create a Barbie Doll, the long blonde hair has short black roots, the make-up and eyes are grossly overdone, and the black and white checked bra and white trims on black lingerie look harsh rather than feminine.

Mar 03 15 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Schlake

Socorro, New Mexico, US

Gallery de Aphrodite wrote:
what do you think of this one as a glamour shot?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2FtO5 … sp=sharing

It looks just like a glamor shot to me.  But I don't like it.  It's the eyes that kill it for me.  Even if not looking at the camera, they should at least be open.

Mar 03 15 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

alessandro2009

Florence, Toscana, Italy

I think the heavy distortion exists in this image penalizes it significantly but yeah I think is sufficient sexy for a glamour image.

Mar 04 15 02:18 am Link