Forums > Model Colloquy > How to search models on FB

Photographer

NT Photography

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China

Right now, I typed: "Model" + name of the city. It does not really work for me.

Mar 05 15 09:47 am Link

Photographer

Weldphoto

Charleston, South Carolina, US

Doesn't work for me either. Someone must have a clue as to how to find "models" in Facebook?  Its got to be good for something other than seeing the latest picture of someone's cat.

Mar 09 15 09:18 pm Link

Model

Payton Hailey

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Try joining local photographer/model groups on facebook smile

Generally asking around to find one or starting one of your own is a good way to discover models on facebook

Mar 09 15 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

WIP

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

You link with one model which leads to another and another etc.... prefer using FB as people are linked as for MM no longer trust it in regards to dodgy profiles.

Mar 11 15 09:08 am Link

Photographer

toesup

Grand Junction, Colorado, US

Try looking for pages on FB where models are featured.. pin up pages, 'modeling' pages, Photography pages, etc..
That should lead you to more models...

But be warned, many models on FB with 'fan' pages don't put their location on the 'about me' section, making it impossible to figure out where they are located..
You have to PM them to ask if they are local to you... but many simply do not respond...

Mar 11 15 09:49 am Link

Model

Katrina480

Brighton, England, United Kingdom

Cayleigh Chaos wrote:
Try joining local photographer/model groups on facebook smile

I have seen a few about, there's one called 'Models ,MUAs, Hair Design & Fashion Stylists' That might work?

Mar 11 15 10:02 am Link

Photographer

RINALDI

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

There are a gazillion groups for models (and related) on FB, some are in English wherever it's based, others are in the local language. Also mentioned, ask and add the people you have worked with, then keep an eye out on who they give Likes to, sort of follow the trail (but not in a creepy stalker way).

Mar 11 15 11:10 am Link

Photographer

WIP

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

Internet and the likes of FB have created a lot of splintering and people can be selective in whatever group they are invited to join.. depending on quality of work........ MM is kinda everyone and anyone there are no standards.
A lot of people have migrated to a FB group and found a niche with like minded people.

Mar 13 15 06:39 pm Link