Forums > Photography Talk > Analog / Toy Camera Enthusiasts?

Photographer

Joel Sax

TRABUCO CANYON, California, US

Dan Dozer wrote:
The looks I can get with old turn of the century lenses is not possible with today's newer equipment.

I have an old Ihagee Exacta that I inherited from my grandfather that I feel the same about.  Only have used it for landscapes so far, but I might take it out and shoot some people with it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/notfrisco … 783978322/

Mar 27 15 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Vector One Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I have two Holga's  one I've outfitted with a PC connection to shot in the studio but recently I acquired a Holga lens for my Nikon digital.  Seems an interesting combination.  I get the Holga looks but don't have to find a lab still developing 120 film.

Mar 27 15 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Wayne Stevenson

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Vector One Photography wrote:
I have two Holga's  one I've outfitted with a PC connection

The great thing about Holgas is their hot-shoe so you can just stick your pocket wizards right on top and fire away.

Mar 27 15 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

Joel Sax

TRABUCO CANYON, California, US

Vector One Photography wrote:
I have two Holga's  one I've outfitted with a PC connection to shot in the studio but recently I acquired a Holga lens for my Nikon digital.  Seems an interesting combination.  I get the Holga looks but don't have to find a lab still developing 120 film.

I've been considering this, but it seems to me that you lose one of the more unique qualities of film, namely grain.

Mar 30 15 04:31 pm Link