Forums > Model Colloquy > Agency can´t find my book

Model

Sunny49

Ulm, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask you here for advice. I´m not really modeling for quite some time (couple of years, I was modeling for about 6 years before). Last year I went to an agency because I was thinking to get back to it. They took my book to scan the pictures and said that when I get a job, I will come to the agency again and they will return the book to me. It never really happend (they didn´t find me a job) and thus I never came to the agency again and they didn´t return my book. I was sending them a couple of mails in which they replied that they were at holiday currently, or they simply didn´t reply. I called them yesterday to ask about it and they said I should send the email again. I sent the email and they responded "Are you sure you left it here? We just looked everywhere and can´t seem to find it." I have really LOTS of pictures in this book and would really like it back. It would be a pity to lose it. I also worked with this agency before and they seemed ok. I just wanted to ask for advice on what I should do? I want my book back....they don´t throw books away do they?

Mar 26 15 04:08 am Link

Photographer

RINALDI

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

I assume the agency is located fairly far away from where you are? Otherwise, drop by unannounced. A good agency would never throw away a book, a great agency would also be consistent with their behavior/communication.

Mar 26 15 07:26 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Sunny49 wrote:
Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask you here for advice. I´m not really modeling for quite some time (couple of years, I was modeling for about 6 years before). Last year I went to an agency because I was thinking to get back to it. They took my book to scan the pictures and said that when I get a job, I will come to the agency again and they will return the book to me. It never really happend (they didn´t find me a job) and thus I never came to the agency again and they didn´t return my book. I was sending them a couple of mails in which they replied that they were at holiday currently, or they simply didn´t reply. I called them yesterday to ask about it and they said I should send the email again. I sent the email and they responded "Are you sure you left it here? We just looked everywhere and can´t seem to find it." I have really LOTS of pictures in this book and would really like it back. It would be a pity to lose it. I also worked with this agency before and they seemed ok. I just wanted to ask for advice on what I should do? I want my book back....they don´t throw books away do they?

Darn, Ihope you get it back. It may have been a good idea to stay while they scan your book. Who knows if they even ever scanned your images or what happened.

Mar 28 15 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

MIDNIGHT EXPRESS

Pomona, California, US

Sunny49 wrote:
Hey guys,

The best thing to do is to talk to the person you gave the book to and ask for it.. Having the date it was giving is important too so it could pin poitn what may have happen to it.
Also its wise to have copies of your pictures on file for easy printing or reprinting..
Its also wise to have two books that are the same, in case one gets lost or if the agency wants to use one...
Or even better have your images on cdr so they can just have it on file and if the need a copy or print..
So when they ask for pictures to make prints of.. You can give them a cdr..........

Mar 29 15 12:34 am Link

Photographer

Jean Renard Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

go there in person.

Agencies rarely throw books away, but they are often time misplaced under stacks of things.  Make sure you know the date you dropped it off, who you saw and anything else you can remember.  The more facts you have the more they will know you are serious.

Mar 29 15 04:44 pm Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

When you drop off clothes at the dry cleaners, you expect a receipt. Why not expect one from the agency when they hold something of value for you?

All you can do is ask them to look again or ask if you can come have a look around. I doubt either will be productive.

Mar 30 15 07:11 am Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Tell them they have a week to get you your book. And that if you don't get it, you're going to show up with your cousins (who are connected) and things are going to get REAL!!:-)))

Mar 30 15 07:30 am Link