Forums > Newbie Forum > How to increase views

Photographer

byXavier

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

What is everyone (almost everyone) doing to increase the views of their work? Recently I went to  a models page that I thought might be someone I would like to work with, she only had a few pictures and nothing of real note, but she had views in the high hundreds.  What gives someone that high of a view count? I'm not really into the social media so show me the way to increase views using the non-social media route if possible.

Mar 28 15 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Post responses or questions in the forums, check out the shout box to let people know you exist, make announcements on the main page...

Mar 28 15 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

PHOTOSTUDIOdotCA

Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada

Comment on portfolio images.  Maybe they'll check you out.

Mar 28 15 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Spam MM"s main page with "comment 4 comment"

Mar 28 15 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Images by MR wrote:
Spam MM"s main page with "comment 4 comment"

This is how most people do it. Seems pretty lame way of attention whoring if you ask me and it has very little value to do this. I'd rather I have a photo with 10 views from people who would actually have some potential to work with me than 1000 views from people all over the world who's only interest is attention whoring their own photos who I'd never hear from again.

Mar 28 15 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Shot By Adam wrote:

This is how most people do it. Seems pretty lame way of attention whoring if you ask me and it has very little value to do this. I'd rather I have a photo with 10 views from people who would actually have some potential to work with me than 1000 views from people all over the world who's only interest is attention whoring their own photos who I'd never hear from again.

This is a networking site so I'd think attention whoring would be a good thing

Mar 28 15 09:48 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

byXavier wrote:
What is everyone (almost everyone) doing to increase the views of their work? Recently I went to  a models page that I thought might be someone I would like to work with, she only had a few pictures and nothing of real note, but she had views in the high hundreds.  What gives someone that high of a view count? I'm not really into the social media so show me the way to increase views using the non-social media route if possible.

The only way is as a good looking female. Fact is there are way more hornballs here than those who are really into photography. Those views of that model are not from the people that you are targeting to view your port.

Mar 28 15 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

byXavier

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Mayhem #bgf aab  Check it out for your self and see if you can figure it out.  This is what got me to pose the question.

Mar 29 15 08:55 am Link

Photographer

byXavier

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Thanks to all so far for the comments and for the views!  I hope for even more direction, photography is very subjective, in other words some will like others will hate and you hope that even those that hate will see the effort and ability's shine through.

JOHN  yikes)

Mar 29 15 09:00 am Link

Model

Payton Hailey

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Mar 29 15 09:15 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Models who feature nude work always get more views than those who don't. It looks like the same is true for photographers.

Like people already said being active and networking gets you views and comments. Since there are several hundred thousand active members, they probably aren't going to find any individual profile unless they search, or see you active in the forums or with comments.

Chuckarelei wrote:
The only way is as a good looking female. Fact is there are way more hornballs here than those who are really into photography. Those views of that model are not from the people that you are targeting to view your port.

I wonder about that, since I am old enough to be the grandmother or at least the mother of 99% of MM models, I would certainly put my appearance in a different class than the younger girls yet I get thousands of views and a high number of comments in relation to the number of views. I have had hundreds of messages as well from both photographers and other models in just three years. Being unique and doing nude work may help, but can't be the only factor here.  The number of inappropriate comments which one would expect from those viewing for "other" reasons has been relatively small in comparison, but it's obvious that there are a significant number of those members.

Mar 29 15 09:32 am Link

Photographer

DAVISICON

San Antonio, Texas, US

Shot By Adam wrote:

+1

Mar 29 15 09:44 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

MatureModelMM wrote:
Models who feature nude work always get more views than those who don't. It looks like the same is true for photographers.

Like people already said being active and networking gets you views and comments. Since there are several hundred thousand active members, they probably aren't going to find any individual profile unless they search, or see you active in the forums or with comments.

I wonder about that, since I am old enough to be the grandmother or at least the mother of 99% of MM models, I would certainly put my appearance in a different class than the younger girls yet I get thousands of views and a high number of comments in relation to the number of views. I have had hundreds of messages as well from both photographers and other models in just three years. Being unique and doing nude work may help, but can't be the only factor here.  The number of inappropriate comments which one would expect from those viewing for "other" reasons has been relatively small in comparison, but it's obvious that there are a significant number of those members.

The proof that most of the guys on here are just fauxtographers who want to look at pictures of girls is the massive disproportionate amount of comments on the same photo in a photographer's profile versus the model's profile. It always cracks me up when I post a photo from a shoot in my account and it gets some views or a comment or two but when I go to the model's page with the same photo buried on Page 3 of her portfolio and it's got 20+ comments on it already.That speaks volumes right there.

Mar 29 15 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

mophotoart

Wichita, Kansas, US

combination of what everyone has said....networking, comment whore, nude, whatever...if you post a port...not everyone will see it or be looking for it, and then, why would they take the time to comment or whatever...what makes your port or pictures so special...like job hunting....how do you make yourself standout and get attention...good work doesn't do it on its own...you need to network whether you like it or not...just a thought

Mar 29 15 09:49 pm Link

Photographer

Roger Helgeson

New York, New York, US

Shot By Adam wrote:

The proof that most of the guys on here are just fauxtographers who want to look at pictures of girls is the massive disproportionate amount of comments on the same photo in a photographer's profile versus the model's profile. It always cracks me up when I post a photo from a shoot in my account and it gets some views or a comment or two but when I go to the model's page with the same photo buried on Page 3 of her portfolio and it's got 20+ comments on it already.That speaks volumes right there.

Truth. And it's not just here, happens to me on Facebook, Instagram, etc. Pretty much anywhere where the model and I are on the same network.

Mar 29 15 10:49 pm Link

Model

no more model

Los Angeles, California, US

mophotoart wrote:
combination of what everyone has said....networking, comment whore, nude, whatever...if you post a port...not everyone will see it or be looking for it, and then, why would they take the time to comment or whatever...what makes your port or pictures so special...like job hunting....how do you make yourself standout and get attention...good work doesn't do it on its own...you need to network whether you like it or not...just a thought

Truth. With so many people on this (or on many social networks) people forget to get social and actually network. Activity will bring you more of the same.

Mar 29 15 11:04 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Be Active in the Forums
Promote Your Work here
Be a Capable Photographer , Model etc
Have Interesting Images

Mar 30 15 03:38 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

oopsie , double

Mar 30 15 03:38 am Link

Photographer

James Andrew Imagery

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Another trick you can try is posting in the critique forum.  Some people do this under the guise of soliciting critique to improve, paying no attention or having no interest in the critiques given.  But it does get them views.

Mar 30 15 03:43 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

James Ogilvie wrote:
Another trick you can try is posting in the critique forum.  Some people do this under the guise of soliciting critique to improve, paying no attention or having no interest in the critiques given.  But it does get them views.

what a nasty thing to do ...

Mar 30 15 06:35 am Link

Photographer

James Andrew Imagery

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Garry k wrote:

what a nasty thing to do ...

Yeah for sure.  As transparent and as obvious as it is, it goes on.

Mar 30 15 12:32 pm Link