Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

GK photo wrote:

saturday, 8:00 pm, your time. nbc proper.

Awesome.....
Which means a triple OT wont hurt anyone the next day then(other than me finishing my editing)
tongue

May 27 15 10:30 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

Awesome.....
Which means a triple OT wont hurt anyone the next day then(other than me finishing my editing)
tongue

borat

May 27 15 10:36 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery 59 Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

How awesome is this? Two game 7's in the Conference Finals? Amazing. I don't really know how you pick a winner though, the way these two series have gone. I guess that's what makes it even more exciting as it's literally anyone's game. It all comes down to one...do or die. Love it.

Find out Friday if I get to go to Ducks/Hawks. C'mon hockey gods, be good to me!

I'm sticking with my original Stanley Cup Final pick:

Hawks vs Rangers = Hawks for the cup!

May 28 15 11:05 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Im not going to lie I really don't know how I'm going to feel when tonights game ends because one of my teams goes home...
Though I do take solace that one has a great shot at the cup as well...

And again,entertaining'and remarkable how each game,hell,each perid is so unique and different with how it twists with these 2 teams..
Its now a really well played defensinve game by both teams..that can at any moment go from scoreless to 5-4 this time in the 3rd

May 29 15 06:27 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Im not going to lie I really don't know how I'm going to feel when tonights game ends because one of my teams goes home...
Though I do take solace that one has a great shot at the cup as well...

And again,entertaining'and remarkable how each game,hell,each perid is so unique and different with how it twists with these 2 teams..
Its now a really well played defensinve game by both teams..that can at any moment go from scoreless to 5-4 this time in the 3rd

2/3rds in the books, and i'm dozing on the couch. smile

jk. i think the gravity of it all is weighing on these dudes.

edit: oh, shit. i'm grilling my chicken, and channel surfing between this and the dodgers v red turds game, and missed the goal!

May 29 15 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

looks like some of the air is out of the strangers balloon, after that second goal. they's better wake up, posthaste.

May 29 15 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Giving a fuckton of credit to the Lightning defense right now

Has any one unit looked more bipolar ever in the playoffs than the Lightning?

nobody beats this team when they play sound fundamental defense

They get crushed when they play like the 3rd period game 6

May 29 15 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

strangers fail. that's one road game 7 win. here's hoping for another manana. smile

i'll bet bishop lobbies bettman to have tb play their cup series home games at the garden. smile he must like the lighting.

May 29 15 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Rangers down.
I might have to get over to Tampa for a Stanley Cup Finals game.

May 29 15 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

That was possibly one of the best total team performances on the road in a game 7 I have ever seen.

all I am going to say is if that version of their defense shows up every night they can win this and rather quickly,because that defense and the fact nobody even comes close to matching their firepower and speed out west..

Problem is that we know that the inept keystone cops version will show up as well..
How many games tonigthts version shows up tells the story

Meanwhile its going to suck for the Rangers because they probably saw their last chance to win one because this Lightning team is so young,half their bigtime players are 25 and under...they had to get it this year
Oh,and someone throw out the milk carton kid because that milk is rotten...

nash=the Tony Romo of the NHL

May 29 15 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

i don't know. of any of the three teams left, i don't see any one of them being more dominant than the other two. especially since none of them (including the suddenly vacationing strangers) seem to have had any home ice advantage. i think the blue shirts shorts just went brown, tonight. they looked--and played--scared. having been trounced in last year's finals, i guess i could see it; but they just didn't show up tonight.

i didn't see any farady cage being unleashed by tb.

go hawks! smile

May 30 15 12:50 am Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Erm...the Rangers have been rolling 4 lines all game every game in the playoffs,can't get much deeper than that,and they are getting goal scoring from all 4 lines (despite Nash and St Louis being MIA all playoff long)and they get Zuccarello back maybe even for game 7...
And lundquist >any goalie left and is a huge identity...

and with the lightning....you going to tell me any of those 2 teams can match the firepower of their top 2 lines?
Bigtime identity...meanwhile ....other than Getslap who exactly is on the Ducks?

Playing 4 lines and getting contributions from 4 lines is a different thing.

Fans should at least know the Ducks have Corey Perry (they should know Ryan Kesler too).

Players with top playoff points ( Top 5 = 3 Ducks, 2 Lightning ; Top 10 = 3 Ducks, 3 Hawks, 3 Lightning
, 1 Ranger ).

Chris Rifkin wrote:
That was possibly one of the best total team performances on the road in a game 7 I have ever seen.

all I am going to say is if that version of their defense shows up every night they can win this and rather quickly,because that defense and the fact nobody even comes close to matching their firepower and speed out west..

Problem is that we know that the inept keystone cops version will show up as well..
How many games tonigthts version shows up tells the story

Meanwhile its going to suck for the Rangers because they probably saw their last chance to win one because this Lightning team is so young,half their bigtime players are 25 and under...they had to get it this year
Oh,and someone throw out the milk carton kid because that milk is rotten...

nash=the Tony Romo of the NHL

It was good but I can't imagine Toews,Kane, Sharp, Keith and Seabrook being shut down like the rangers were or Getzlaff,Perry, Kesler, etc. either.

I don't think Nash is the Tony Romo of the NHL , I'd have to really think about who that'd be ... Nash is more the Andy Dalton/Matt Stafford of the NHL.

May 30 15 08:07 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

1/3 in. so far, so good. smile

May 30 15 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

buh bye fowl

Told ya they didn't impress me at all

May 30 15 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

2/3rds in, and starting to get a good feeling, especially since the third will open with a 5 on 3. this is turning into the 7th game of last year's conference semis, when the kings demolished the fowl, in anaheim. 

it's in their tiny brains now. smile

May 30 15 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

The only thing keeping me from saying "are you nucking futts" with the Hawks going to the locker room in that situation is how thin their backline is andCraford can be had if he has to carry the team on his back

But the good thing is starting the 3rd with a 5 on 3 will eliminate the Ducks from jumping the hawks out the gate and grabing instant mo..

May 30 15 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

it's over, johnny. yes, i'm calling it. smile

May 30 15 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

and right after i type that, it's a total defensive breakdown. lame.

May 30 15 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

haha. now i'm okay. game, set, match! smile

May 30 15 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Yerp.....

May 30 15 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

on to the finals! the hawks are a little dinged up, though. no news on bickell.

should be a good series.

May 30 15 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

two road game 7 wins. pretty impressive stuff, by both teams.

May 30 15 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

This has the chance to be a classic one...
Im not even going to attempt to wrap my head around annalyzing yet other than the "team with the great goalie that can carry the team"  take does not apply here...

May 30 15 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery 59 Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Got to go to the game. LOTS of Hawks fans there. Love when they start chanting at the start of the national anthem. Good stuff.

At least half of my Stanley Cup final picks worked out. Even though I think these are two pretty evenly matched teams, I'm still picking the Hawks to win the cup solely on experience alone.

Hawks in 5 for Lord Stanley!

May 30 15 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

No California teams in the SC finals??? what is this world coming to?!  tongue

May 30 15 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Gallery 59 Photography wrote:
Got to go to the game. LOTS of Hawks fans there. Love when they start chanting at the start of the national anthem. Good stuff.

At least half of my Stanley Cup final picks worked out. Even though I think these are two pretty evenly matched teams, I'm still picking the Hawks to win the cup solely on experience alone.

Hawks in 5 for Lord Stanley!

if crawford plays like he did tonight, it's going to be hard to beat the hawks. let's not forget that he was benched early in the playoffs, and darling was the early story of the whole shebang. he was a black hole/wall tonight, outside of that ridiculous second goal. i think i counted three rebounded shots the entire night.

they split their regular season meetings. it should be fun stuff.

May 31 15 01:14 am Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

2-0 from Round 3 ( 10-4 overall )

Stanley Cup Finals

Tampa Bay Lightning @ Chicago Blackhawks - Blackhawks in 6.

May 31 15 06:31 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Teams are evenly matched.....blackhawks in 5

SMH......the disrespect is real...

Anyways..
Yes this is an evenly matched series of sorts,both goalies are less than prime time,both teams have bad lapses

But I'm saying Lightning in 7...
They beat a better team last round that had a world class goalie all but do everything to carry them...
I think looking back the Lightning actually outplayed the Rangers for most of the series..
They showed they can win in a wild shoot out ,but more impressively twice they showed when they can stay disiplined they can win a defensive style game as well...
They got in huge trouble when they fell apart and went in complete spaz mode in their own end...
And I think there will be times this series they do this again....how many times it happens is how this series goes...
I think there will be at least 2 OT games..

But I will stick to lightning in 7

Jun 03 15 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Oh yeah,this just reminded me..
Lightning are going to make you pay dearly for bad penalties....

power plays are going to be huge

Edit
Happened right after the PP

Jun 03 15 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Chris Rifkin wrote:
power plays are going to be huge

yeah, well that last effort by the hawks (after the too many dudes on the ice call) was lame. i like what crawford is doing, despite that fucking cricket goal.

Jun 03 15 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

And your headline one on one matchup,this is a bonifide heavyweight battle between 2 of the leagues best

Toews vs Stamkos....

Already fun to watch
Very good chance your con smythe trophy comes from here

Jun 03 15 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

nice two quick goals. tb is getting away with so many bad passes in their own zone. finally catching up with them.

and it should be 3-1. kane missed that easy goal opportunity.

Jun 03 15 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

GK photo wrote:
. tb is getting away with so many bad passes in their own zone. finally catching up with them.

This is the spazout I spoke of in their own zone....
And its unexplained because they were so sound through 2 periods...fucking fundamental 101 hockey

NO BLIND PASSES INTO THE MIDDLE OF YOUR DEFENSIVE ZONE

Jun 03 15 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

woot! big win.

Jun 03 15 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Chris Rifkin wrote:
NO BLIND PASSES INTO THE MIDDLE OF YOUR DEFENSIVE ZONE

yeah, i kept screaming at the tv (and i'm in a hotel) for the hawks not punishing them for those dumbass passes.

Jun 03 15 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

patrick k owes me two goals, as i see it. smile

Jun 03 15 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

GK photo wrote:

yeah, i kept screaming at the tv (and i'm in a hotel) for the hawks not punishing them for those dumbass passes.

Kinda like the rangers didn't (though the games they won they did )

Well,called it about which Lightning defense shows up...and it usually happens in the 3rd..

Oh well
Next game...still think its going 7..saw a split in the first 4 games....

Jun 03 15 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

ALL the ESPN folks hammered Tampa for their dress code and ticket sales restrictions for the game tonight and rightly so and I'm loving that the Lightning lost. Waaaaa...don't wear a Black Hawks jersey.....waaaa...don't buy a ticket unless your credit card zip code is appropriate. Punk bitches. How sad that a team doesn't have enough confidence in the fan base that they have to restrict freedom to support whatever team a person wants to root for.

Chicago in five.

Jun 03 15 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Naughty Ties wrote:
ALL the ESPN folks hammered Tampa for their dress code and ticket sales restrictions for the game tonight and rightly so and I'm loving that the Lightning lost. Waaaaa...don't wear a Black Hawks jersey.....waaaa...don't buy a ticket unless your credit card zip code is appropriate. Punk bitches. How sad that a team doesn't have enough confidence in the fan base that they have to restrict freedom to support whatever team a person wants to root for.

Chicago in five.

I see you bought their bs story...
Some facts
1.There is no dress code in the arena regarding opposing team's jersey's..only 2 sections numbering maybe 1000 seats..
If you noticed there were quite a few red shirts in the building,as there were Ranger jerseys,Habs Jerseys,ect

2.Stub hun gets a significant amout of tickets from ticketmaster for pretty much any evet at most arenas..which is why many of these big events sell out quickly...in EVERY market..
down here there are a lot of transplants so no matter what there are going to be a lot of fans from areas that have nhl teams..
the team and arena know this...its a fact of life down here

myth...the only reason tbe lightning sell out games because of opposing team's fans...
Because the arena has been near capacity every game since the mid 90's when they sucked..
something chicago fan might want to think about when bitching about this urban legand when the attencence was so bad 10 years abo the games were blacked out from TV...

Bottom line-ESPN has joined the trendy "Bash tampa bay/fla trend that much of the national media has been doing,its a totally false /twisted story

Oh and i had 2 friends walk in last night and enjoy the game wearing Black Hawks jerseys....

Jun 04 15 05:45 am Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

I see you bought their bs story...
Some facts
1.There is no dress code in the arena regarding opposing team's jersey's..only 2 sections numbering maybe 1000 seats..
If you noticed there were quite a few red shirts in the building,as there were Ranger jerseys,Habs Jerseys,ect

2.Stub hun gets a significant amout of tickets from ticketmaster for pretty much any evet at most arenas..which is why many of these big events sell out quickly...in EVERY market..
down here there are a lot of transplants so no matter what there are going to be a lot of fans from areas that have nhl teams..
the team and arena know this...its a fact of life down here

myth...the only reason tbe lightning sell out games because of opposing team's fans...
Because the arena has been near capacity every game since the mid 90's when they sucked..
something chicago fan might want to think about when bitching about this urban legand when the attencence was so bad 10 years abo the games were blacked out from TV...

Bottom line-ESPN has joined the trendy "Bash tampa bay/fla trend that much of the national media has been doing,its a totally false /twisted story

Oh and i had 2 friends walk in last night and enjoy the game wearing Black Hawks jerseys....

Thanks for making my point.....ONLY a thousand seats is STILL A THOUSAND SEATS and bush league. Tampa even made a point to say they'd offer other clothing for people to wear. Really? Give me a break.  lmao

Jun 04 15 08:09 am Link