Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Uptown Funk and Small Children

Artist/Painter

ethasleftthebuilding

Key West, Florida, US

I was called by my great-nephew's preschool today to come pick him up.  I'm the emergency contact when his parents are at work.  They told me on the phone that I needed to come right away because he was disrupting the class and wouldn't stop. 

On the drive over, I am thinking what possibly could he be doing, he is not quite 4 years old yet and the kindest little boy I know.

So I get there and the lady starts to scold me almost immediately about how studies have shown that when small children use unacceptable and aggressive language at school, it is an indicator of serious issues at home that must be dealt with.

So now I am really wonder what happened, so I ask what he said.  She replies that I need to hear it for myself.

They have him sitting in the office and he is obviously moving with the rhythm of music, but there is none playing.  Very quietly he is singing something that sounds like "Girl Say Aloooya, Girl Say Alooya, I'm Uh F#$% You Up, I'm Uh F#$% You Up, Don't Leave Me A Once, Don't Leave Me A Once"

I had to laugh out loud.  I did laugh out loud.

They had called me to the school because he was singing Uptown Funk.

Apparently he had started some other kids to singing it and it disrupted the class.  They thought he was saying, "I'm gonna f#$% you up." 

He was suspended for the rest of the day, even after I told them what the song is, googled the lyrics on my phone and showed them.

Where did he hear the song?  His older sister has it on her iPod.

Some people get bent for nothing.

Apr 22 15 11:27 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

That song is funked up.

They know what it sounds like.

I've changed the station away from that song more than once depending on who was in earshot.

--

Also those giant posters for The Strain at every bus stop around town where passing toddlers can see them?

http://filmjunk.com/images/weblog/2014/06/thestrain.jpg

Funk those guys.

Apr 22 15 11:32 am Link

Photographer

Warren Leimbach

Tampa, Florida, US

I think he might be ready for some Parliament Funkadelic.

Apr 22 15 12:00 pm Link

Artist/Painter

ethasleftthebuilding

Key West, Florida, US

Warren Leimbach wrote:
I think he might be ready for some Parliament Funkadelic.

LOL, you are so right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cNDSPutas8

Apr 22 15 12:06 pm Link