Forums > Model Colloquy > Modeling trip

Model

LauraLuna

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Hi, beauties!
I have on my mind the idea of doing a modeling trip through Europe or US. I've never done such and I'd love to hear some advice from you on how to organize it and so. Do I have to post a casting, contact some photographers to see who would like to work with me before buying the tickets and looking for accomodation? I get the idea is to get enough paid shoots to cover the expenses and earning some money. Is that so?

Thanks a lot!

Laura

May 13 15 08:03 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Be careful if you are asking to be paid, because in many countries as a visitor you are not allowed to do any work for pay. From what I have read here on Model Mayhem, getting the proper paperwork set up so you can work in another country can be very difficult and in some places impossible. Some models reportedly have been stopped by customs if it appears they are travelling with the sort of clothing that would be used for modelling assignments.

May 13 15 08:19 am Link

Model

LauraLuna

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Oh, damn, the paperwork, permissions and so. I totally forgot about that... I'll visit the Embassy to get information...

May 13 15 04:41 pm Link

Model

LauraLuna

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

And thank you for remind me so... My head in the clouds forgets about bureaucracy issues all the time.

May 13 15 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

psmithp

Hillerød, Hovedstaden, Denmark

Si pasa por Copenhague (lo que debe ser possible puesto que estamos en la Unión Europea), por favour mándeme un mensaje por una session de retratos con luz natural.
Gracias
Palle

Jun 05 15 04:30 am Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

There are many excellent threads on this topic, so be sure to do a search on "travelling model" or "travel". Ought to get a lot of hits.

Jun 05 15 02:45 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Being an  European, it may not be as complicated as it seems....Google and Google again!!!

Jun 06 15 04:04 pm Link