Forums > Critique > posted a new shot of Celia from MM

Photographer

grayjr

Fort Walton Beach, Florida, US

Any comments on the Celia photo just posted?? would love to hear them.... grayjr
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/38546264

May 16 15 06:19 am Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

grayjr wrote:
Any comments on the Celia photo just posted?? would love to hear them.... grayer

Which one is it??????????

May 16 15 10:16 am Link

Photographer

grayjr

shit sorry...first one!?!?!  just added link to original post....duh

May 16 15 10:25 am Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

I like the setting and what you were trying to do.  But!!!  The model looks terribly bored or ready to doze off.  Also, the left arm is poorly positioned.

But just one worthless opinion.

smile

May 16 15 03:18 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

I would remove that slash of brown on the model's left.

May 16 15 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

Howard Tarragon

New York, New York, US

Looks supersaturated and super processed (see boards picture left) Her top is overexposed (white is blown out). Her red hair looks great. She looks bored or has learned the "model" look. She's got a great smile, try catching one of those.

May 16 15 08:18 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Bolton Photography

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I like the leading lines of the wood, the model and the colour.

As an Emmy award winning videographer, I would have thought a I'd see a better composed shot - so that she was more to the camera right a bit. I think it would balance the image better (closer to the rule of 3rds, but not on the vertical line).

I agree with the others that it's slightly over exposed too.

Pay attention to detail - that bent finger bugs me and her left arm feels awkward. I might have created some negative space there between her body and arm...

Chin down a wee bit.

I don't mind her expression - in fact I like it.

Overall it's pretty good, I'm being picky.

7 out of 10

May 17 15 11:20 am Link

Photographer

grayjr

Blimey, thanks for a nice critique. I'm taking the Emmy thing off my profile today!? it is a bit pretentious isn't it.  I bit on the framing because I began to like the wood on the right side of the frame. And you are correct in that it ended up being a bit too centered. Good eye too because she is looking down at me, she was elevated in the door frame. Shoot was really practice for me with a new camera, and Celia agreed to do TFP.  Hadn't really noticed the finger, but an interesting observation. Keeping her and there (with finger extended!) and moving her to the right would have made for a better shot and also doing that would have created that negative space you mentioned. Enjoyed your comments!

May 17 15 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Cute shot smile

May 17 15 01:02 pm Link