Forums > Photography Talk > Photoshelter

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Santa Monica, California, US

I went to a talk y'day on Photoshelter by one of the founders.
I was offered a 'free year of PS'.

I am not sure it is worth my time.

Does anyone here have a presence there?

May 17 15 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It's one of the most well known platforms out there for photographers.. Joe Mcnally uses it, countless others. If you were offered a free year, that's a solid $300-500 bucks

So yeah I would take it.

And tell us how you get said free year too : )

May 17 15 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Solas--I tried to email you. You asked a question and have me on blocked [apparently].

thanks
by

May 17 15 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Grover Sanschagrin, the co-founder of Photoshelter will be on campus.

He will be presenting on “The secret ingredient to successful, modern marketing is content -- real, authentic, high-quality content. For most people, this is a huge challenge. But for you, as a photographer, it isn't because you are a content creator! In this session, Grover will talk about innovative ways content can be used in marketing and lead generation campaigns. Webinars, "content kits", white papers, instructional videos, and community-building will be discussed. Most photographers are unaware that these marketing opportunities exist, and often outperform regular marketing activities, so this is your chance to get ahead of the pack.”

May 17 15 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

SAND DIAL wrote:
Solas--I tried to email you. You asked a question and have me on blocked [apparently].

thanks
by

I don't think you have my e-mail..Unless you mean MM, then I can't say I remember you or why .. Although; I can't see why you can't just answer it in the thread. Easier

May 17 15 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Voy

Phoenix, Arizona, US

You were offered a year free of PhotoShelter and you are still thinking about it? I pay $29.99 a month since 2013 and it was the best thing I could have done for my business. Two features that I use the most and separate PShelter from others are: Password protected galleries that I send to my client and, I share images on FB, Linkedin, G+, Pinterest, Twitter straight from my website. When someone on FaceBook clicks on my image it takes them straight to my website. Seriously, PhotoShelter is awesome. Take the free offer.

Here is my website: www.mediacompassphoto.com

May 17 15 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm on photodeck, it's basically the same thing for the same money except I like the interface for proofing a bit better..and can upload video and such. The back end is a bit easier for my needs.

I just uploaded 2 gigs worth of stock photography, it's insane, the global settings and keywording you can do is idiot proof on both of those sites.

http://photoblog.velgos.com/2014/05/pho … Vll_EZBHn0

Here is a comparison of both..the main adv. for me is no commission fees (on photodeck) I reallllly like that..

but photoshelter isn't all that bad, it's got a lot more press and a lot of big names use it. The main advantage to these sites is how drop dead simple the proofing interface is.

If you get either for free, I would jump on that. That's a great deal. Alas I'm paying 29 a month from the look of it

May 17 15 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

The 'free thing' had to do w going to Grover S. lecture.

I meant emailing you here.

May 17 15 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Pablo, you do nice work. Is yr PS private or can anyone find it via websearch?

May 17 15 08:48 pm Link