Model

AOZC

London, England, United Kingdom

Hi, I was wondering what to do at this moment of time, due to my height being 5'9, a lot of agencies reject my application..
Does this mean ill never get with an agency or? What shall I do? I have a portfollio

May 19 15 07:45 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

AOZC wrote:
Hi, I was wondering what to do at this moment of time, due to my height being 5'9, a lot of agencies reject my application..
Does this mean ill never get with an agency or? What shall I do? I have a portfollio

These things aren't quite so clear-cut as they used to be, and you are from an ethnic group where the height requirement is more flexible, anyway, so your height might not go against you too much.  However, most potential models don't get agency representation, by the law of averages, so you might get lucky, but you, and thousands like you, probably won't.  It's the way the world is.

You could help yourself by filling in all your stats on here, so that photographers get an idea of your look, and you could put out a casting call or availability notice to get your face seen.  In the wider world, talk to agencies who specialize in your look, and see what they think.

May 19 15 09:23 am Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

At 17 you are still growing. Don't give up on being taller.

May 19 15 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Mark C Smith

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

AOZC wrote:
I have a portfollio

At the risk of saying something that belongs in the Critique forum, your MM profile says otherwise.

Keep shooting and keep knocking on doors.

May 26 15 04:56 am Link

Photographer

RINALDI

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

Mark C Smith wrote:
At the risk of saying something that belongs in the Critique forum, your MM profile says otherwise.

Keep shooting and keep knocking on doors.

I agree.

Quality is more important than quantity, but in your case, you don't have either (based on your MM port right now). Join local/regional FB groups and learn from whatever you see on there, both the good and crappy work, contact the team members to see if they are willing to shoot with you, etc.

May 26 15 05:27 am Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

London, England, United Kingdom

I agree with the others in that you are too short for a mainstream UK agency. Just look at the guys at AMCK, they are all close to 6ft.

You could try and get work independently here on MM or purple port, but you will have to work at it. Start by filling out your stats and improving your port here.

May 26 15 01:15 pm Link