Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Wh?at would you add

Photographer

Natural Body Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Hey guys, I need some ideas themewise:  I am so excited that its Summer-shootin' time, but the time I have to shoot has gone way down, so I need to be selective; based on what is in my port (if it was yours), what would you add?

May 29 15 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Natural Body Photo  wrote:
Hey guys, I need some ideas themewise:  I am so excited that its Summer-shootin' time, but the time I have to shoot has gone way down, so I need to be selective; based on what is in my port (if it was yours), what would you add?

Trying to help here...
Who are your clients?
What is your visual statement?

Ponder these carefully and I believe you'll find an answer to meeting and hopefully exceed client expectations...

A consistent unified style that uniquely identifies the artist is a cherished goal in our industry...
The closer you approach this initiative the more likely you'll rise within the industry...

Hope this helps...
All the best on your journey...

May 29 15 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

You wouldn't be so happy about summer if you were here, it's 96 deg. outside now!!:-(( :-)))))

May 29 15 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

Natural Body Photo

Thomas Van Dyke wrote:

Trying to help here...
Who are your clients?
What is your visual statement?

Ponder these carefully and I believe you'll find an answer to meeting and hopefully exceed client expectations...

A consistent unified style that uniquely identifies the artist is a cherished goal in our industry...
The closer you approach this initiative the more likely you'll rise within the industry...

Hope this helps...
All the best on your journey...

Thanks so much Thomas.  Instead of giving me a fish, you are teaching me how to fish.  I appreciate that.

May 29 15 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

Natural Body Photo

GER Photography wrote:
You wouldn't be so happy about summer if you were here, it's 96 deg. outside now!!:-(( :-)))))

Ouch!! GER Photo, go straight to your favorite watering-hole and have a cool one on me.

May 29 15 05:44 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Try some things you aren't currently showing, like outdoor nudes for example.

May 29 15 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Ouch!! GER Photo, go straight to your favorite watering-hole and have a cool one on me.

Hehe, thanks!! Beer dose make it more livable here!!:-))))

May 29 15 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Natural Body Photo

MatureModelMM wrote:
Try some things you aren't currently showing, like outdoor nudes for example.

I really like that.  I wish we had the large number of Artistic Nude models like L.A.; so many of the models want my whole paycheck for two or three hours of work...my wife and daughter ain't havin' that;)

May 30 15 03:46 am Link

Photographer

DarkSlide

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Look within yourself for ideas.

May 30 15 04:42 am Link

Photographer

Natural Body Photo

DarkSlide wrote:
Look within yourself for ideas.

Oh, I have DarkSlide and it is different than you might think; I have found only one model who is bold enough to go there and we are scheduled for July.  Indianapolis is pretty tame for a large city...I will probably have to travel around.

May 30 15 05:19 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

I really like that.  I wish we had the large number of Artistic Nude models like L.A.; so many of the models want my whole paycheck for two or three hours of work...my wife and daughter ain't havin' that;)

I'd consider a trade arrangement if I were nearby, but sometimes I do travel in your area with my family.

May 30 15 05:56 am Link

Photographer

Howard Tarragon

New York, New York, US

I would remove all but number 14. The lighting, composition and models' expressions leave a lot to be desired in those shots. If you want me to, I can critique them later.

All the best.

Jun 03 15 03:17 pm Link