Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Jurassic World...Will Make This Weekend...

Photographer

DEP E510

Miramar, Florida, US

Al Lock Photography wrote:
Took my daughter to it. She liked it. But she also noted that the story was pretty much exactly the same as the first movie. The special effects didn't knock my socks off and the best actors in the movie were the two kids.

The movie has a 71 critic score on rotten tomatoes-- and 84 audience score.

Nothing unbelievable, or even impressive.

Fury Road was supposedly much better.

The amazing response to such an apparently average movie is the biggest story...

Jun 20 15 10:39 am Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

Overseas, Jurassic World continued to crush everything in its path, grossing another $160.5 million from 66 markets and pushing its foreign title to $583.1 million for a worldwide cume of $981.3 million, including $161.7 million in China. The tentpole will be the fastest in history to hit $1 billion.

IT is amazing...981.3 Million in 7 Days. Will reach One Billion either today..or tomorrow..being the fasted film ever to hit a billion, in 7 or 8 days.  That's big.   But wait. I feel a force coming in Dec. That will move these numbers. lol

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/b … sic-804092

Jun 21 15 11:34 am Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

No one thought Jurassic World would do this kind of business.

As of June 28th...Domestic Gross...500 Million Plus. Jurassic World is the fastest film in 19 days to 500 million mark.

Jurassic World will overtake The Dark Knight(533 Million) this week.

and with International Grosses...$1.238 billion worldwide in around 19 days of global release.

Jun 28 15 08:49 am Link

Body Painter

Cat Camp

Tampa, Florida, US

Took the hubby to see it last night. Quite entertaining & kept us in stitches for an hour afterwards picking apart tiny indiscrepencies; my fave was a tracking implant, supposedly deep in the body of a dinosaur, that beeps & has a big, flashing light. Why does this implant need these? Why, so it can be found easily after the dinosaur rids itself of the damn glaring, flashing, beeping thing!

Jun 30 15 10:22 am Link