Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Where is "Amazing Spiderman 3"?

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

"Amazing Spiderman 2", which Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and James Fox as Electro, was out a couple of years ago, and towards the end, it teased "Amazing Spiderman 3", with Paul Giamatti as The Rhino.

Now, there is a big announcement of a new Spiderman actor, Tom Holland for the "next" series of movies.

So, are we not going to see The Rhino movie?  Anyone know?

(Also, there's a rumor that Spiderman will appear in the next Thor movie).  (But it's hard for people with lives to keep abreast of all this).

Jun 24 15 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Jun 24 15 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

Allen Carbon

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

Looknsee Photography wrote:
"Amazing Spiderman 2", which Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and James Fox as Electro, was out a couple of years ago, and towards the end, it teased "Amazing Spiderman 3", with Paul Giamatti as The Rhino.

Now, there is a big announcement of a new Spiderman actor, Tom Holland for the "next" series of movies.

So, are we not going to see The Rhino movie?  Anyone know?

(Also, there's a rumor that Spiderman will appear in the next Thor movie).  (But it's hard for people with lives to keep abreast of all this).

Nope. It sucked. Glad we aren't revisiting that.

Jun 25 15 03:36 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

More info...

Now, if only we knew WHY this happened.  Inquiring minds want to know.  (I'm also curious about how much was already filmed).

Jun 25 15 09:52 am Link

Photographer

DEP E510

Miramar, Florida, US

More info...

Now, if only we knew WHY this happened.  Inquiring minds want to know.  (I'm also curious about how much was already filmed).

The link said why it happened-- it was decided to go in a direction that puts Spiderman in the same flow as the other Marvel superheroes.

Nobody seemed all that turned on by the last movie anyway.

They may as well bring back Tobey Maguire-- that would be much more interesting.

Jun 25 15 10:32 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

More info...

DEP E510 wrote:
The link said why it happened-- it was decided to go in a direction that puts Spiderman in the same flow as the other Marvel superheroes.

Nobody seemed all that turned on by the last movie anyway.

They may as well bring back Tobey Maguire-- that would be much more interesting.

Well, I understand that Marvel Studios (which really didn't exist before the Toby Spiderman movies came out) wanted to consolidate their franchise & get the rights to Spiderman (and the Fantastic Four) back.  What I found surprising was they they just threw away AS3 instead of just taking it over.  The Rhino looked interesting.  And I'll always miss Gwen / Emma.

But I wasn't crazy about Garfield's Peter Parker / Spiderman. 

If you look at the more recent Marvel movies -- they rely on big casts, big sets, lots of CGI & special effects -- significantly more than the non-Marvel Studio movies. 

Well, it was just some idle curiosity -- I'm losing interest.

Jun 25 15 11:37 am Link

Photographer

Allen Carbon

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

Well, I understand that Marvel Studios (which really didn't exist before the Toby Spiderman movies came out) wanted to consolidate their franchise & get the rights to Spiderman (and the Fantastic Four) back.  What I found surprising was they they just threw away AS3 instead of just taking it over.  The Rhino looked interesting.  And I'll always miss Gwen / Emma.

But I wasn't crazy about Garfield's Peter Parker / Spiderman. 

If you look at the more recent Marvel movies -- they rely on big casts, big sets, lots of CGI & special effects -- significantly more than the non-Marvel Studio movies. 

Well, it was just some idle curiosity -- I'm losing interest.

You mean the Rhino who sounded like he had some sort of speaking problem? No he was most definitely not interesting.

Why it happened because it was a subpar film that underperformed financially (especially since Spiderman is Marvels most profitable franchise) and it was hated by fans. So they wanted to bring it back to the original roots of Marvel and make it a part of the MCU. Which is what everyone wants.

Jun 25 15 04:44 pm Link

Photographer

Matt Throop Photography

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Exactly. It did absolute poorly domestically.

Jun 26 15 05:22 am Link