Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > I am glad Jax Teller passed away!

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Sounds harsh and I normally don't rejoice when someone dies...

However, in his case... it was great watching growing from a young man into a man with all his difficulties... until he sacrificed him for those who are close to him.

I watched the first four seasons or so when the Sons aired first... and several weeks ago... I caught up and finished the entire series, two days ago...

It took actually 3 or 4 days before I could finished watching the last 1.5 episodes... simply because I got tired and saturated of the constant celebration of violence and negative lives, etc.,

Now it's over... I enjoyed the show... and now I started to watch the first two seasons of Graceland... which has less substance, but it is a much more lighthearted fare, good looking people... beaches... fit and healthy look at... motivates me to get fit again and drop the pounds...which I really... really need!

So... RIP Jax... and be positive again... lol

Jun 25 15 11:59 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Nobody got the Sons of Anarchy reference??? yikes

Jun 26 15 11:36 pm Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

udor wrote:

What is Sons of Anarchy?

Jun 27 15 12:18 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:

What is Sons of Anarchy?

got me.

Jun 27 15 12:28 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:
What is Sons of Anarchy?

GK photo wrote:
got me.

Hmmm...Sons of Anarchy is a multiple award winning crime drama about a motorcycle gang that run for seven years on the FX Network.

One of the most successful dramas on that Network with the main characters being played by Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Ron Perlman, Kim Coates and many more, with guest appearances ranging from Stephen King, Danny Trejo, David Hasselhoff, Marilyn Manson, Peter Weller, Courtney Love, Michael Chiklis, Adam Arkin and many, many more...

Well... there you have it... smile

Jun 27 15 12:47 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

udor wrote:
run for seven years on the FX Network.

One of the most successful dramas on that Network

oh, c'mon. you can't get too mad at us. i have about 700 channels, and about 6 hours (maybe) a week to devote to tv time. i've never even heard of fx. :

and didn't your mother teach you not to revel in anyone's demise, be they fictional or real? and didn't she also teach you not to name drop? smile lol

i thought you might be talking about john lydon's, or steve jone's kids.

Jun 27 15 12:54 am Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

udor wrote:
Hmmm...Sons of Anarchy is a multiple award winning crime drama about a motorcycle gang that run for seven years on the FX Network.

One of the most successful dramas on that Network with the main characters being played by Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Ron Perlman, Kim Coates and many more, with guest appearances ranging from Stephen King, Danny Trejo, David Hasselhoff, Marilyn Manson, Peter Weller, Courtney Love, Michael Chiklis, Adam Arkin and many, many more...

Well... there you have it... smile

It's no wonder .... I don't watch a whole bunch of TV and when I do, it's usually ABC, NBC, CBS, TNT, USA, DSC or ESPN. Every now and then it's HLN, GSN or CSN (comcast sports net as that's where Phillies games usually are). I caught part of a Transformers movie on FX once ... that was more than a year ago.

BTW ... of all the people you named, I've only heard of 4 of them. Stephen King is a writer and appeared in The Blues Brothers a long time ago. Peter Weller was RoboCop (the original). Marilyn Manson is a singer (if you can call that music) and David Hasselhoff was on Gland Watch. The rest of them, I have never heard of them.

Jun 27 15 01:11 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

Lovely Day Media wrote:
BTW ... of all the people you named, I've only heard of 4 of them. Stephen King is a writer and appeared in The Blues Brothers a long time ago. Peter Weller was RoboCop (the original). Marilyn Manson is a singer (if you can call that music) and David Hasselhoff was on Gland Watch. The rest of them, I have never heard of them.

you'd know ron perlman, if you saw him. and katy sagal was peg bundy. times must be tough, for both. smile

Jun 27 15 01:55 am Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

GK photo wrote:
you'd know ron perlman, if you saw him. and katy sagal was peg bundy. times must be tough, for both. smile

Peg who?

Jun 27 15 03:38 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:

Peg who?

Peggy Bundy from the sitcom "Married with Children"...

https://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/married-with-children-sequel.jpg

Jun 27 15 03:45 am Link

Model

M I K H A I L

Chicago, Illinois, US

udor wrote:

I got the reference. smile I still need to catch up on the last season of SOA, but knew Jax died. I have found past seasons of the show entertaining and enjoy dramas.

Jun 27 15 03:50 am Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

I enjoyed most  seasons of the show, but found the last two excessively violent and struggled to watch all the last shows.

Jun 27 15 08:31 am Link

Photographer

Virtual Studio

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yes.

Personally I think they jumped the shark when they had the pitched machine gun battle with the Real IRA. It stopped being quite a good fun remake of Hamlet and just became a glorification of violence for its own sake.

Jun 27 15 08:36 am Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

I hated the ending

Jun 28 15 01:06 am Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

GK photo wrote:

You know I love ya babe but Katy Sagal picked a few nominations and awards for SOA -- she was really good.

Jun 28 15 01:10 am Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

He got off way too easy
Should have suffered much more

Jun 28 15 04:47 am Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

Brooklyn Bridge Images wrote:
He got off way too easy
Should have suffered much more

The ending was so trite.

Lame, lame, lame.

I was sad to see him go though -- he was a hottie. Just enough dirt around the edges to make him interesting tongue

And I don't even normally like blondes.

Jun 28 15 06:15 am Link