Forums > General Industry > Legit Agencies

Model

Tasha Nicole

Los Angeles, California, US

Hey MM!! I am new to the west coast and I am having a difficult time finding a good modeling agency mainly for commercial modeling.  I live in Southern Utah so I'm only 1.5 hours from Las Vegas and 4-5 hours from LA, Any suggestions!!! I'm definitely willing to travel.

Jul 22 15 01:57 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Most of the talent and modeling agencies in the Las Vegas area are owned by destination management companies.
While some of the recent gigs (that are currently or have recently been cast) you'd qualify for pay fairly well, by the time you add travel (and lodging?) expenses into it thee pay might not be worth all the trouble you'd have to go through to get here.

For that reason many agents might skip you when casting for certain gigs so may want to obtain a Las Vegas area address and phone number to improve your chances.  Rental mailboxes are $15 a month and google voice can get you a working 702 number for free. 

Some of the DMC's that are also the biggest agencies include AWG (Allan Waxler Group), Baskow, Best (aka Best Creative),

There are lots of smaller non DMC agencies too, but lots of them (even some of the better ones) have come and gone so I'm not 100% who's current.

There are still lots of unqualified or outright scam agencies as well.  "Press Talent" (formerly Tru Talent) is a LV based agency that's also in Salt Lake and is probably the leader in local talent agency scams.  Another one is Remington.

Jul 22 15 10:13 am Link

Model

Tasha Nicole

Los Angeles, California, US

Thank you for all the info! Very helpful. I think I will get a local address to help out.

Jul 22 15 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

L.A. is the only real market close enough to you, for legit agencies.

Jul 25 15 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lallure Photographic wrote:
L.A. is the only real market close enough to you, for legit agencies.

????
Where did you come up with that nonsense?

Jul 25 15 02:32 pm Link