Forums > Events > Portland, Maine Lowbrow/Alternative Photographers

Photographer

Dr E Payne

Westbrook, Maine, US

Hello fellow photographers in the Portland, Maine area. I'm looking to start a collective/group of alternative/lowbrow photographers and artists. If this fits you, read on to see if you'd be interested.

As a former member of the (dearly missed) Constellation Gallery/Maine Artists Collective on Congress Street, I know how great it is to have a gallery and a group aimed at the non-traditional styles of art in Portland. Despite the large number of galleries here, the fact is not all of us want to just shoot lighthouse focused landscapes for tourists all the time.

My primary goal is to find other photographers and artists (I'm also a painter/illustrator) in the Portland area that focus on "alternative" art. Besides getting together to brainstorm and critique concepts and projects, I would also love for the group to be able to work together on projects via group shoots, potentially pooling resources and connections. Ideally, if there is any interest from others around here, I would also love to see the group evolve to eventually share a studio/gallery space.

So if you are a photographer in the southern Maine area that would like to get together with other like-minded weirdos and visionaries, send me a message!

Aug 16 15 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

mangrave

Portland, Maine, US

This sounds interesting to me. I'd like to see some kind of collective in Greater Portland that was a combination of SOPHA in Manchester and the Salem Photography Workshops on Meetup.com.

Aug 27 15 11:37 pm Link