Forums > Photography Talk > Figure work with couples

Photographer

BMI Fashion and Glamour

Rochester, New York, US

I'm working on a project with a local model and her fiance on shooting them together for figure work. Anyone have links to lists or images of example poses of Male/Female art figure nudes? I'm finding searching on MM that there are mostly more glamour oriented male/female and that many duo female art nudes might not be as flattering pose wise with a male model.

Aug 24 15 10:21 am Link

Photographer

Richard Karlsen

Gloversville, New York, US

I fairly recently had the chance to work with 3 different couples posing nude together.  Art/Glamour/or???  you can decide.  They all seemed to be pleased with the results.  The shoot seemed a little awkward at first but turned out to be a fun session for all!  I think the key to the sessions was that they all were comfortable posing nude to start and seemed to have a very comfortable relationship with each other.  Plenty of laughter and kidding of each other made for a very enjoyable session. You could tell each couple had a great relationship among themselves!!

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/7 … l#/A342716

Aug 24 15 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

99% of the time, I (attempt to) create art photographs, but on occasion, if conditions are right, I might dabble into erotic.  I also have a list -- I love kissing photos (recommendations for additions welcome).

So, Sarah, an experienced traveling model was traveling through town with her then-boyfriend, and she volunteered to do some kissing images for me.  As always, I allow models to set their own limits, and we were clear that we weren't going to do anything explicit, but other than that, no limits.  Here are the 18+ images we made that day -- the first group were straightforward, but the second group, where I threw the models into my steam room, turned out more abstract -- I like those the most.

My recommendations:
...  Everybody needs to be comfortable.
...  Touching is encouraged.  Remember:  hands are the 2nd most expressive part of the body.
...  Each model should focus on the other.
...  Sensual background music is nice, but keep the volume down.
...  The photographer should never touch a model -- they have cooties.
...  Be careful with the lighting -- what's good for one model might not be good for the other model, who may
     be facing in the other direction.  Think about lighting each model's face somehow.
...  Your pace will slow down when you work with multiple models at the same time.

Aug 24 15 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

BMI Fashion and Glamour wrote:
Anyone have links to lists or images of example poses of Male/Female art figure nudes?

You should find some good ideas here https://www.modelmayhem.com/list/394158

I have also photographed couples underwater and, as you will gather from both Richard and Looknsee's posts, the key is that there should be a good degree of comfort between both models, whether mixed sex or same sex.

Aug 24 15 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Looknsee Photography wrote:
So, Sarah, an experienced traveling model was traveling through town with her then-boyfriend, ... the first group were straightforward, but the second group, where I threw the models into my steam room, turned out more abstract -- I like those the most.

Both sets are thoroughly excellent, and I really admire how you dealt with the difficulties that the steam must have presented.

Aug 24 15 05:50 pm Link