Forums > General Industry > Another scam job offer?

Photographer

PictureThisOP

Jacksonville, Florida, US

I received the following email this morning:

"Photographer Is Needed

Sent: Tue 9/1/2015 2:10 AM
To: Falynn Harris <[email protected]>

Hello,

My name is Miss Falynn Harris, I'm a freelance modeling agent..I got your contact on Model mayhem. I was thrilled when i saw your work and I appreciate it. I work with a newly opened clothing store named Exclusive Wears.Currently we are working on promotional sales and advert for the store; There are some models that are ready for the  publishing and posing of the Stores Sales Promo Magazine to boost their sales and help them pave there way up the clothing industry meeting up with the world of fashion today.

Sincerely I will be honored if i can work with you on this project,you can come on board has a professional Photographer,Shots will be taken in different cities including your location to advertise the stores products ranging from casual wears,Dinner gowns,co operate wears female if you are interested.Please get back to me.

Looking forward to read back from you before it's too late .

Thanks
Miss Falynn Harris.
Text: (949) 232-1452
Email: [email protected] "

I have no doubt this is a scam and just wanted to give everyone a heads-up since MM was mentioned as how they found me.

Mike

Sep 01 15 07:13 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

PictureThisOP wrote:
I received the following email this morning:

"Photographer Is Needed

Sent: Tue 9/1/2015 2:10 AM
To: Falynn Harris <[email protected]>

Hello,

My name is Miss Falynn Harris, I'm a freelance modeling agent..I got your contact on Model mayhem. I was thrilled when i saw your work and I appreciate it. I work with a newly opened clothing store named Exclusive Wears.Currently we are working on promotional sales and advert for the store; There are some models that are ready for the  publishing and posing of the Stores Sales Promo Magazine to boost their sales and help them pave there way up the clothing industry meeting up with the world of fashion today.

Sincerely I will be honored if i can work with you on this project,you can come on board has a professional Photographer,Shots will be taken in different cities including your location to advertise the stores products ranging from casual wears,Dinner gowns,co operate wears female if you are interested.Please get back to me.

Looking forward to read back from you before it's too late .

Thanks
Miss Falynn Harris.
Text: (949) 232-1452
Email: [email protected] "

I have no doubt this is a scam and just wanted to give everyone a heads-up since MM was mentioned as how they found me.

Mike

Did they send this via MM mail?  If so, you should CAM it and flag it for the moderators to remove the profile.  If they sent it to you vis smoother method, you should remove your outside contact info fromm your profile.

Red flags
Lousy punctuation and grammer
Using Miss, Mrs or Mr
"before it is too late"
You are new to MM

Even if it isn't a scam, who would want to work with someone that represents such a low level of professionalism?

Sep 01 15 07:26 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Interesting that they would put a phone number...I wonder what happens when you call it?

Sep 01 15 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Moderator Note!
Please see this video and read the articles: 
Avoiding scams: The basics

Watch the video and read the article.

Sep 01 15 08:01 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Sep 01 15 08:43 am Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

It looks much like this email from 2009 although the sender's name used to be Tiffanie Caulfield.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/threads/jo … rs.187425/
https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/538912

Orange county (Irvine) phone number, T-mobile - I wonder if there is a way to forward the email to the county parole system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prepaid: Not just for burner phones anymore
http://www.androidcentral.com/prepaid-n … es-anymore

Sep 01 15 09:21 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Fletcher

Norman, Oklahoma, US

You are new to MM, post 5 photos and get a great job offer.  Yeah I can believe it.

But then I still believe in the Tooth Fairy.

Sep 01 15 10:08 am Link

Retoucher

ME_retouching

Atlanta, Georgia, US

It's an old scam. Why is a "freelance modeling agent" contacting a photographer?

And what the hell does this mean? "products ranging from casual wears,Dinner gowns,co operate wears female if you are interested"

Sep 01 15 10:22 am Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

It was a good read.  I laughed a bit out loud.  It went down hill after the first sentence.  When will these people ever learn.  Thanks for sharing.  R-

Sep 02 15 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

Ruben Sanchez

San Antonio, Texas, US

Ha, ha.  I got the same email.  It's a scam. but is sounds good.

Sep 02 15 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

Varton Photography

New York, New York, US

I got the same as well and trashed it.

Sep 02 15 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

PictureThisOP wrote:

I yahoo-ed "PictureThisOP" which took me to your Facebook and your email address.

Sep 02 15 03:53 pm Link