Forums > Events > New York, NY - Photographers Travel Group

Photographer

Malberine

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I'm looking for local, DMV Photographers, whether just starting out or experienced, who would like to travel to NYC for a portfolio building opportunity.

Only 4 Seats Left!! Must be filled by Mid November!

The goal of this trip is to gain experience, network with fellow local artists, trade tips and critique and have an overall good time! This opportunity is not for the timid, you must be prepared to bunk and travel with a stranger and get out to explore the city! Staying in bed is NOT an option!

First things first, Cost. Each person will pay $500 for their seat. This can be paid incrementally until at least one month month before our trip, which is set for March 2016, and will be collected during each monthly meet-up. Each month before our trip everyone will meet up to go over questions, concerns, ideas, etc. This is a great opportunity for everyone to get to know their potential travel buddies.

The trip will span the weekend, from Friday morning, to Sunday evening. The cost covers round-trip bus to-from NYC, hotel room (shared), unlimited 7-day NY Metro card, and an travel Pass to 7 of 50 NY Attractions.

Plan to travel very light, as once we arrive in NYC we will have a few hours to learn the metro rail and visit our first destination before returning to our hotel by check-in at 3pm. Each following morning we will get together for breakfast (My treat) to go over each person's previous day's captures. This gives us the opportunity to learn and grow with one another before heading out on a new day's adventure. Sunday, after check-out, we will have our last breakfast together before we depart, to recap on what we've learned together and how we've grown.

As mentioned, there will be 6 of us sharing a hotel room. Even better for bonding right? big_smile This opportunity isn't for the timid as all we will have to bunk with someone. The idea though is not to stay in the hotel, but to be out exploring and capturing New York sights. Now, if you would like to book a model for a hotel shoot, which I encourage to take full advantage of your time in NYC, it must be booked and the group must be notified at least one month before our trip. This eliminates any distractions and intrusions during your shoot.

Those are the details, the date will be finalized by January, although it's highly likely to be March 11-13, 2016. Inbox me to show your interest and we can talk further.

Oct 23 15 08:29 pm Link