Forums > Photography Talk > Listing for photographer's assistants????

Photographer

Steve Curtis

West Hollywood, California, US

Am I missing something or is there no category for photographer's assistants?? Really need an assistant familiar with newer Nikon cameras and strobes.

Oct 28 15 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

OP....Here you go...Look here. This will help you.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/543779

Oct 28 15 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Steve Curtis wrote:
Listing for photographer's assistants?  Really need an assistant familiar with newer Nikon cameras and strobes.

Steve in my market (as well as many other major markets) commercial shooters typically use the ASMP's Find an Assistant  In the aforementioned you'll find each member's Credentials: equipment proficiency (camera, lighting etc), Personal data, and References with contact information.  Many in this list are tenured commercial photographers with years of experience.

btw, the lion's share of my commercial assisting assignments come from the aforementioned ASMP list... Yes I'm a member in that list for Washington DC...  I personally recommend it to those seeking experienced assisting talent that not only have mastered the equipment but also have a keen sense of set etiquette... they are focused on your mission of meeting and exceeding your client's expectations...   

Hope this helps...

All the best on your journey...

Oct 28 15 02:33 pm Link

Photographer

martin b

Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines

When I was in LA i got some assistants from PRS and A&I.  I had mostly limited budget jobs and looked for help from people who knew equipment well.  I tend to stay away from getting people that worked in camera stores though.  good luck.

Oct 28 15 07:48 pm Link