Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Attention!!! Scam in progress!!

Makeup Artist

Myrto Theofanous-Vlahou

London, England, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

three days ago I received the following e-mail : " Terrence Remington <[email protected]>
AttachmentsOct 28 (3 days ago)

to me
I saw your e-mail on model mayhem, my client want to establish wear's business and create web site page with new fashion outfits catalog. I need serious make-up artist with good character for our Model. I'm a photographer by professional and the shooting will held at a rented studio in your location, so you don't have to worry about traveling. Name and address of the studio will be forwarded to you before the date of the shooting, you will be taken cared of our 12 Model in the studio. I want our model make-up face look good.

Name of client: Mr. Hamilton Hudson.

Day job Compensation: you will get 800 £ as your expectations, Basically this is all required of you and kindly get in touch with me if you will take the job. i attachment some of my work to view below,

Regards,"

and today  I received the following "
Remington Terrence <[email protected]>
5:55 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
The date for the shooting is 19th of December. I will email you the address with time for the shooting a month before as soon as the arrangement is completed with my client. You have twelve model to cover with different natural eye makeup which is very easy, which would be provided by my client on the day of the shooting. You will get £ 800 as your money for a day work. I require the following information as to forward them to my client to prepare your Agreement form and it will be send to your address to sign. .

Full Name:
Complete Address:
City:
Zip code:
Phone numbers:
Your Age:

Looking forward to read back from you with the requested information.

Thank You....."

I was alarmed by a few details and did a  search only to be assured that it's a scam that has been going on for some years now!

so, MMs WATCH OUT!! if you receive or have received a message like the above , do not get involved.

Oct 31 15 03:33 am Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I can't stop laughing......  Thanks for the post.  R-

Oct 31 15 06:13 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

That is probably the worst grammar ever!

the shooting will held at a rented studio in your location

They are going to bring their entire crew and twelve models to the makeup artist?

LOL

Oct 31 15 06:33 am Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

The bad grammar with these things is apparently deliberate.  It filters out anyone smart enough to recognize what the scam is with no work on their (the scammers) part..

"I need serious make-up artist with good character for our Model."      Wonderful. I would hope so.

This wouldn't be how you do a basic new clothing catalog anyway.  In reality you would just ship the clothing samples to one of the specialty studios in the South West of the UK and get the images back for about  £10 per garment. With the proper setup shooting 10 or more per hour is perfectly feasible.

Oct 31 15 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

The way to eliminate these types of solicitations would be by removing Your publicly visible personal email address from Your profile.

Nov 01 15 01:49 am Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

51 Imaging wrote:
The way to eliminate these types of solicitations would be by removing Your publicly visible personal email address from Your profile.

+1  QFT 

Always wise to use the Mayhem PM system... that way the Mods can have at it with these clowns...
Probably not likely a problem having your email credential in your commercial web site since the lion's share of scammers aren't going to invest time ferreting it out...

Sorry you have to put up with this silly abuse Myrto Theofanous Vlahou...

Nov 01 15 01:57 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Abbie May Hopkins

I also got this e-mail sad

Nov 02 15 03:44 am Link

Makeup Artist

Maryam Taqi Makeup

Thanks for this post, I had a feeling it was a scam so I didn't give my info out.. Was kinda regretting it so I googled it before I decided to respond again. Thank god for your post though xx

Dec 03 15 06:26 am Link

Photographer

Kelly R

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I got this email too, hilarious that they really think anyone will fall for it

Jan 11 16 03:27 am Link