Forums > Photography Talk > Them that care PW plus IV

Photographer

LeonardG Photography

San Francisco, California, US

yes, there are others cheaper and more features, but here is the news

http://www.pocketwizard.com/news_events/news/plusiv/

"When used as a transmitter, its top shoe provides on-camera TTL compatibility with most Canon, Nikon and Panasonic cameras and flashes. And although testing is not complete, we are optimistic it will work with some Fuji, and Olympus gear"

no doubt trying to keep up with the Godox E-TTL 2.4G wireless flash trigger and others.

Oct 31 15 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I just recently upgraded from the II's to the III's.. Hate the III's.. Way too easy to inadvertently change settings without knowing it. They need to have a "Hold" switch or something.

Oct 31 15 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

After the Flex débâcle I am extremely wary of any new PW products
Think I will still to used Plus IIs when I find them at good price and in good condition

Oct 31 15 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

I started with the PW IIs. Later, I just wanted something different and a little bit more compact, so I bought a pair of PW IIIs.

I love them. They're compact, easy to use, and very reliable.

Oct 31 15 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

Kool Koncepts

Saint Louis, Michigan, US

I think the price point will make or break this. Pocketwizard limitations and to a great extent reliability, especially with TTL, primarily with Canon flashes, have many look at alternatives. I know many shoot manual only, but there are times when TTL plays a part.

Nov 01 15 03:11 am Link

Photographer

alessandro2009

Florence, Toscana, Italy

I think old player on the market as PocketWizard & C. continue to hold, despite their prices, for the agreements that they made with the best known manufacturers for studio flash, rather than for the quality of their products which can no longer be defined, as in the past, significantly better than the current cheaper alternatives.

Nov 04 15 05:06 am Link