Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Cut off a good amount of hair...now how to style i

Model

Lys Sue

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, US

I went from having quite long hair to hair above my shoulder (shorter than I requested from my hair dresser) while my hair is super healthy now, I cannot figure out decent vintage hair styles for it. Long hair seems to be easier for me to figure out.

Thanks!

Nov 06 15 06:02 am Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Lys Sue wrote:
how to style...

Lys Sue without seeing you in person it really isn't possible to provide guidance...
That said, your face shape (which appears to be trending toward round with a wide forehead) may play into the mix as well has your facial profile which I'm clueless from your book...  Possibly rethinking your side part and migrating to bangs (fringe) in order to direct the hair forward over the forehead might be an option... albeit I'm not well versed in era styling thus hoping others with expertise in 40's pinup can lend wisdom here... 

Lys Sue wrote:
Long hair seems to be easier for me to figure out.,,

+1 QFT Please always remember that your hair is your most important fashion accessory... length is to be cherished...  If you have doubts please view the Development Board of a top agency in our industry...  it is painfully obvious that short hair is seriously underrepresented... like less than 10%

Important Note: Major agencies do NOT want images with styled hair (unless tears)   Bookers request minimum makeup and no hair styling (or pulled back so as to reveal face shape)... soft light... plain background... no facial expressions...  This is exactly what the above example shows...

Hope this helps Lys Sue... or at least offers food for thought...
All the best on your journey...

Nov 07 15 08:35 am Link

Photographer

Light and Lens Studio

Sisters, Oregon, US

Look up some of the vintage hairstyles from older movies.  Stars like Marilyn, Hedy Lamar, Betty Grable.  I seem to recall many of these having hair about the your new length.

I like it, BTW.

Have fun with it.

Nov 07 15 09:05 am Link