Forums > General Industry > The best shot on MM

Photographer

John Coupe Photography

Huntington Beach, California, US

Lets have some fun MM. What do think is the best shot on MM and why???? Remember folks, beauty is in the eye of the

beholder. So, please no bad mouthing or you must need glasses. I will start.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/5548974

I love the contrast in lighting, model in flawless, skin is little over done, but one of my favorites.

Nov 07 15 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I haven't seen even a fraction of the Millions of photos on MM to make such a judgment call... there are thousands of images I have seriously liked..., so, as a party pooper... I pass (gas?)... smile

However... if my life would depend on that, I'd chose this photo!!

I don't know who shot this. but it blows away any photo of any of the top photographers on this site!!!

The concept of a beautiful girl in front of a fast car hasn't be done before... EVER... so, this rocks my aperture... in ways you'd never imagine!

Perfection!     borat

Nov 07 15 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

John Coupe Photography wrote:
Lets have some fun MM. What do think is the best shot on MM and why???? Remember folks, beauty is in the eye of the

beholder. So, please no bad mouthing or you must need glasses. I will start.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/5548974

I love the contrast in lighting, model in flawless, skin is little over done, but one of my favorites.

I don't know if this goes against the rules or not?   Is this a critique?   A contest?  Up for debate?  Opinions?  hmm

Nov 07 15 08:30 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

udor wrote:
I haven't seen even a fraction of the Millions of photos on MM to make such a judgment call... there are thousands of images I have seriously liked..., so, as a party pooper... I pass (gas?)... smile

I don't know who shot this. but it blows away any photo of any of the top photographers on this site!!!

The concept of a beautiful girl in front of a fast car hasn't be done before... EVER... so, this rocks my aperture... in ways you'd never imagine!

Perfection!     borat

Sweet.

You win MM!

Nov 07 15 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

John Coupe Photography

udor wrote:

Perfection!     borat

If you were going to just pass, you didn't need to make a smart ass remark. Thanks for being professional

Nov 07 15 09:48 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

udor wrote:

Perfection!     borat

Udor is 100% Right.

Nov 07 15 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

John Coupe Photography

udor wrote:

Perfection!     borat

By the way, that shot you think is a joke, was made into 20,000 posters for SEMA and for John Force Holiday show (which he loved the shot) I'll have to make that mistake again

Nov 07 15 10:22 pm Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Los Angeles, California, US

I'll play. A model here has spectacular credits and here's a simple beauty photo from Elle Beauty, I think Russia, but here: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/35810786

Why. She is gorgeous and her expression stuns.

Nov 08 15 01:25 am Link

Photographer

alessandro2009

Florence, Toscana, Italy

What do think is the best shot on MM and why????

Naturally I haven't see all the image present inside MM but I listed some that I looked that I think are good:
fine art shoot
And at the moment I can't specify only one of them as the best.

Nov 08 15 01:38 am Link

Photographer

R.EYE.R

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

I think best ever shot on MM is Alessandro's avatar!

Nov 08 15 02:17 am Link

Photographer

fsp

New York, New York, US

i like something a bit more artsy, how about this?

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29706379

Nov 08 15 05:17 am Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Probably this.  I had nothing to do with creating it, sadly.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100813/19/4c6603658a7bd_m.jpg

Nov 08 15 09:54 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

If you were going to just pass, you didn't need to make a smart ass remark. Thanks for being professional

By the way, that shot you think is a joke, was made into 20,000 posters for SEMA and for John Force Holiday show (which he loved the shot) I'll have to make that mistake again

First... where is your sense of humor?

Are you taking yourself a little bit too serious, John?

I didn't see that photo as a joke at all... I just picked randomly a photo from your port to answer your question for the single best photo on MM, because it is impossible.

Congratulations on the posters sold, but I think that posters and calendars sold doesn't mean much to proof quality. I say that because I am being constantly surprised by the amount of calendars a friend of mine sells every year with some really cheaply shot calendars of girls with knives, or fishing rods or guns or cars. He doesn't know anything about photography, lighting etc., and shoots basically automatic in a point and shoot style... and the models are below the average girl next door look and the photos are actually flat, I mean... really flat... still, every year he sells between 20 - 40,000 of those via Amazon.

He's a stockbroker who is basically a hobbyist who makes a very nice side income with those kind of calendars.

Nov 08 15 10:14 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Nov 08 15 11:32 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Fletcher

Norman, Oklahoma, US

This should get at least an Honorable Mention.

18+

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/9666819

Nov 12 15 09:57 am Link

Photographer

Daniel Chase

San Francisco, California, US

udor wrote:
<snip>
and shoots basically automatic in a point and shoot style...

You know Terry Richards??? wink

Nov 12 15 05:11 pm Link