Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Touch Screen Soda Machines! (Rant)

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

I'm talking about this sort of thing:
(hope the picture works)

https://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/HLBRyZtAr7WtIPYxJYR5Og/ls.jpg

This new fancy touch screen thing.
Actually they've been around for a couple years, but until recently I didnt eat fast food often, so didnt encounter them as much.

Its a pain in the ass because people are slow to figure it out and theres usually only one in the place!
what happened to the good old ones you just put your cup under the drink you want and push in the lever?

These are slow and stupid.
Anyone else agree?

Nov 19 15 10:07 pm Link

Photographer

Zebadiah _MI

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

i like the variety,
but
the other night, a mom let her 5 little girls (3-8 maybe) go alone to the machine, which meant I waited with my takeout for about 10 minutes while they sampled each flavor of lemonade and faygo and poured out the ones they didn't like, and then the ones that went first had finished their small cups and were refilling them.

So they need 2 or more of them everywhere just because parents don't parent.

Nov 21 15 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Agree. Overcomplicated.   
Computer background helps in figuring them out, but I don't see the point going this route nor do I find them convenient.

Wendy's is putting them in around here.

Nov 21 15 03:55 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

I only used one once and there was no line at all. It has flavors I can't buy in my local stores. It's a damn shame too because I am not supposed to drink soda anymore. Maybe I didn't have an issue with other people because the restaurant was a Noodles & Company, not typical fast food.

Nov 21 15 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Newer fast food and a few counter-service restaurants have them. I don't really need all that variety in a soda machine, but will admit a vanilla root beer is a nice touch now and again.

Nov 22 15 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

the self serve fountains are a major reason why i avoid places that have them. they are bottle-neck cluster fucks in general. these particular ones are even worse. at least with the standard ones, you might be able to slide in around any boneheads, and get your drink. every time i've seen one of these, there's a line five deep waiting to get a drink. and every other person can't figure them out, which just adds to the entirety of said clusterfuck.

Nov 22 15 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

DwLPhoto

Palo Alto, California, US

no $15/hr, no health insurance, no unemployment insurance...

Dec 02 15 05:43 pm Link