Forums > Model Colloquy > What differ live model from photography model?

Photographer

Marcio Faustino

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

sdgillis wrote:
No I think you do, you're extremely rude to anyone's response and I expect no less. It's that attitude that is setting you apart from artists models WANT to work with.

I was rude only to one model, because she was rude to me first. She is the only person in this intere forum, since I open my account here in many years, who I have being rude with.

Who else I was rude with?

100% of models I have worked with I got reply saying I am a very nice man and happy to work with me again. I never got a model unhappy with me or judging me rude.

I realised there are ruges pre assumptions in many talks in this forum. I read ,somewhere that there is a common conflict between models and photographers for example. Although I never had one. And it seems that anything I said and will say here will be read as "the photographer attacking models".

I also realised there is no talks, just statments. Now, just because I am bringing thoughts about models rates I became a demon.

Since it is not a pleace for thinking and exchange view, I ask you to stop make statments about me for being a photographer and for bringing thoughts and leave me alone.

Dec 11 15 06:52 am Link

Model

Alex NW

Portland, Oregon, US

sdgillis wrote:

No I think you do, you're extremely rude to anyone's response and I expect no less. It's that attitude that is setting you apart from artists models WANT to work with.

The rates for life models has always been lower for life drawing and painting. Always. The reason for that is actually simple.  Commercial images.  An artist can't pump out a set for sites like Zivinity, stock photography, or a set for an "art" site that makes money reselling the image license. The arts aren't considered selling your image to resell product.  Even I pay photography rates if I'm using the images for my own stock library to draw from.  I know I won't be hiring the model over a month's period, and I can manage the image without concern for lens distortion.

Now you consider yourself a photographer "artist" instead of a commercial one.  Well, if you want to work with people at artists rates, you're going to have to be nice, famous, or desirable... just like a popular model... 

It works both ways; I've turned down many many models who wanted photography rates for life modeling - generally because they have higher paying offers.

I've only skimmed through this thread and yeah what they said ^^^

I'm probably off topic since I didn't read most of it but here's my 2¢

Maybe it's the lack of voice infliction in OP's  words and maybe  I just don't understand his view point but the way he's coming across to me personality wise I simply wouldn't want to work with him and would probably quote an outrageous rate if he approached me with the attitude displayed in his posts on this thread. 

I'm a negotiator with most things and I understand that life is a struggle for some  but if someone rubs me the wrong way I will  walk away simply because I don't like working rude or whiny people.   People who are polite and generally fun to be around are who I choose to work with again and again regardless of the budget.

Dec 16 15 01:41 pm Link