Hair Stylist

Ivyloujacobs

Seattle, Washington, US

I'm going to IMATS in Los Angeles next month for the first time!  I plan on going on Friday as that is the "pro only day."  I have crowd anxiety and get tired easily so I think Friday will the best/least crowded day for me.   Can anyone fill me in on what to expect? How early should I line up outside?  Are the big name vendors usually pretty busy? Do they run out of product quickly?  And are the products REALLY on sale or is this like Black Friday where the stuff isn't really cheaper, they just want us to think it is.  Thank you so much!

Dec 16 15 03:48 pm Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

I've participated in IMATS-LA for going on... 7 or so years now. Vendors and Pro Artists have seen a lot of change and evolution in the industry.

I strongly suggest getting a ticket before hand. This helps avoid the majority of the lines.

Pro night has been busy, but nowhere near the zoo of Saturday and Sunday. Also, the Pro's I've dealt with on Friday night have tended to be much more focused.

I've never heard of a Vendor running out of stock on Friday. Saturday after the consumer rush? Yes. Mostly on the "pretty color" side of things.

Dec 16 15 09:21 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Ivyloujacobs

Seattle, Washington, US

Lisa Berczel wrote:
I've participated in IMATS-LA for going on... 7 or so years now. Vendors and Pro Artists have seen a lot of change and evolution in the industry.

I strongly suggest getting a ticket before hand. This helps avoid the majority of the lines.

Pro night has been busy, but nowhere near the zoo of Saturday and Sunday. Also, the Pro's I've dealt with on Friday night have tended to be much more focused.

I've never heard of a Vendor running out of stock on Friday. Saturday after the consumer rush? Yes. Mostly on the "pretty color" side of things.

Thank you!  I'm going to learn and network as much as I can!  Can't wait!

Dec 18 15 09:33 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

You'll have a blast.

The other thing many shoppers do is research the Vendors and have a *must have* shopping list when they walk in the door. They like to buy their essentials right away then walk the isles to see what's new and chat up friends.

Dec 18 15 10:56 am Link