Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > What should i do with my hair?

Model

bee_bae

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

What should I do with my hair to really get agencies interested in me? What makeup would be great for my face too?
I really want to stand out and I am getting bored with my current hair.

Dec 17 15 09:41 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Tiffany_B

Atlanta, Georgia, US

bee_bae wrote:
What should I do with my hair to really get agencies interested in me? What makeup would be great for my face too?
I really want to stand out and I am getting bored with my current hair.

This sounds like a lot of ANTM induced hype over the make-overs. Is your hair a factor? Yes, sometimes it is but it's not likely to be the deciding factor because of how easily it can be changed. Agencies don't need to be interested in your hair, they need to be interested in you as a model, and the only way to find out if they are is to approach some legitimate ones and listen carefully to any feedback that they may provide. They may ask if you're willing to cut your hair or dye it, but it's much more likely that the comments will be about your body.

Additionally, in looking for make-up that's good for your face my broad suggestions are twofold 1) find a make-up routine that's good for your skin and 2) that you seek out an in person consult with a local make-up artist in addition to any suggestions you may get because in person they'll be able to best detect your skin type, it's tone and undertones etc.

Dec 17 15 10:35 am Link

Makeup Artist

Brittany Wand HMUA

Austin, Texas, US

Don't let being in a rut now cause you to make a decision you may regret in a month or two. A one time investment of hiring a makeup artist to teach you about your skin and set an easy daily routine is an investment that will definitely pay off in your line of work.

Jun 06 16 10:26 am Link