Photographer

Gregory_Photography

Norwich, England, United Kingdom

Just simply question... but hard choice... I have 2 similar images...
please need your opinions which one better
Which one I should keep in my portfolio and why (posing) where model looks better?...
no.1
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/151225/01/567d0cb50cada.jpg
no.2
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/151225/08/567d6fd3eb405.jpg

Dec 26 15 07:46 am Link

Artist/Painter

MainePaintah

Saco, Maine, US

I would keep the 1st photo. I like it a lot better than #2.

Reasons why:
Models face is at a better angle, looking more straight ahead...
The model's black nose ring and black eye liner goes better with her black tattoos...
I like the better contrast of her black accents against her white clothes.

Just my humble artist's opinion.

Nice work!  smile

Dec 26 15 08:11 am Link

Photographer

Gregory_Photography

Thank you smile need some more opinions really

MainePaintah wrote:
I would keep the 1st photo. I like it a lot better than #2.

Reasons why:
Models face is at a better angle, looking more straight ahead...
The model's black nose ring and black eye liner goes better with her black tattoos...
I like the better contrast of her black accents against her white clothes.

Just my humble artist's opinion.

Nice work!  smile

Dec 26 15 08:53 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

I'm one of those photographers & photograph viewers who find tattoos to be immensely distracting.  For me, this is a no-brainer -- I prefer #2.

Dec 26 15 08:58 am Link

Photographer

Gregory_Photography

Thank you smile also like more natural models, just sometimes need also something alternative like tattoo etc...I am glad you like no.2, need some more opinions guys, please

Looknsee Photography wrote:
I'm one of those photographers & photograph viewers who find tattoos to be immensely distracting.  For me, this is a no-brainer -- I prefer #2.

Dec 26 15 09:16 am Link

Model

Bye Bye Bailey

Truro, England, United Kingdom

For me, I like #2. Her hand placement is much better and for me it is generally a much more emotive image. smile

Dec 26 15 10:15 am Link

Photographer

Kris Krieg

Missoula, Montana, US

I find the first image to be more attractive to me personally. I like the contrast of the black background and her white wardrobe. I find the styling and her hand placement of the second shot to be better, but her top isn't form fitting enough and looks frumpy to me. It could be very chic, just needed a little more attention at the time. That top on a black background would probably be attractive. But of the two, first one appeals to me.

Dec 26 15 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

David Kirk

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I prefer #2 because:

1. I don't care for the pure black background of #1.  This black void sometimes works well but usually not.  The white background in the second image has some gradient to it which I much prefer.
2. The hand placement in the first looks too contrived.  It's somewhat better in the second.
3. I like ink when it is shown well, but wardrobe which breaks it up and conceals some of it is distracting.  Either show it all or cover it up as in the second one.
4. I prefer her face without the nose ring

Dec 28 15 10:17 am Link

Photographer

Krpphoto

Cape Coral, Florida, US

On your profile shot I as the photographer would rotate myself clockwise so my camera is pointing at her and she is now off to my right then switch the hands. So now the other one is down and "her" right hand is directly over the heart showing a profile mainly and not the top of it. Then I would tilt her head down slightly perhaps with her face slightly rotated to "her" right -just slightly toward the relocated camera lens.

Jan 04 16 07:50 pm Link