Forums > Critique > Critique my figure

Model

Stella Sidney

Los Angeles, California, US

Based on the raw bikini shot I just posted, that's what I currently look like. Looking for figure critiques only, no portfolio or image critiques.

Jan 10 16 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Mousseline wrote:
Based on the raw bikini shot I just posted, that's what I currently look like.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/39946619#

https://www.modelmayhem.com/help

https://www.modelmayhem.com/help/rules

https://www.modelmayhem.com/help/rules/ … quirements

Quality Images Required

We want quality images here. Your photos must be judged to be of sufficient quality. This means that you should not submit cell phone shots, webcam shots, mirror shots, arm's-length self-portraits, personal snapshots, etc; images that are poorly exposed, too grainy, have too much compression, etc.

Jan 10 16 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Delta, British Columbia, Canada

You can't be serious...

Jan 10 16 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

DespayreFX wrote:
You can't be serious...

as this op stands on a toilet.

Jan 10 16 12:48 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:
as this op stands on a toilet.

I don't have a full length mirror, I had to. I posted a raw shot so you can see my body without filtering, but since it's against the rules I took it down. It is a nice toilet you have to admit.

Jan 10 16 12:57 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

she said critique her figure... not photo dammit!  if thats you in the pic above you got a hot little body!
but just for my information, you are standing beside the toilet...not in it I assume

Jan 10 16 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

PhotoKromze

Lisbon, Lisboa e Vale do Tejo, Portugal

Mousseline wrote:
Based on the raw bikini shot I just posted, that's what I currently look like.

If you are happy with your figure, then no critique is required.

However, standing steady on the toilet, well, that's an art 😁😁😁

Jan 10 16 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Tony From Syracuse wrote:
she said critique her figure... not photo dammit!  if thats you in the pic above you got a hot little body!
but just for my information, you are standing beside the toilet...not in it I assume

OP Broke rule no matter what the subject is.  What Happened to MM Standard? Trolls took over. and White Knights.

Jan 10 16 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:
OP Broke rule no matter what the subject is.  What Happened to MM Standard? Trolls took over. and White Knights.

+1.

I take my work a little more seriously than this...

Jan 10 16 01:43 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Tony From Syracuse wrote:

Standing on the seat.

Jan 10 16 01:46 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

I took down the photo to comply with the rules after you informed me the pic did not follow them. As you once again,  ARE NOT SAYING ANYTHING FURTHUR CONSTRUCTIVE IN THIS THREAD THAN YOU DO NO NEED TO BE HERE. This seems to be a terribly immature habit you have and you should know better at this point, but clearly you do not!

Jan 10 16 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Mousseline wrote:
I took down the photo to comply with the rules after you informed me the pic did not follow them.

Just so you know, the prohibition on selfies applies only when people submit an application to join MM, not afterwards, so you were not breaking any rules.

Jan 10 16 03:21 pm Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Hi Mousseline,

You have a nice look, would love to see you work with some talented photographers in your area that can bring your portfolio up to the next level.

I wish you well

Jan 10 16 04:35 pm Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San CristΓ³bal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Nice figure, as far as I can tell.

Agree on shooting with better photographers.

Jan 10 16 04:59 pm Link

Photographer

Don Garrett

Escondido, California, US

I think your figure is great, and, for this simple request, the quality of the photo does not matter much.
-Don

Jan 10 16 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

You look a little flushed.

Jan 10 16 05:37 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

51 Imaging wrote:

Where would that come from?

Jan 10 16 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

RTE Photography

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

I would say that you look fine, but from your portfolio, you need to get a greater variety of styles and shoot with some better photographers, IMHP.

Jan 10 16 06:26 pm Link

Photographer

Mary Durante Youtt

Barnegat, New Jersey, US

You're looking in a mirror. You should be able to answer that question yourself..  But since you are looking for olthers to affirm.  Yes you have a lovely figure.

Jan 10 16 06:41 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Mary Durante Youtt wrote:
You're looking in a mirror. You should be able to answer that question yourself..  But since you are looking for olthers to affirm.  Yes you have a lovely figure.

Different people have different approaches. I wanted to get some besides my own.

Jan 10 16 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

oh so what. a white knight that is willing to not be so uptight and just answer the question that was posed in this thread.
she looks great. big deal.

Jan 10 16 08:30 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Jan 11 16 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Rob Photosby wrote:
Just so you know, the prohibition on selfies applies only when people submit an application to join MM, not afterwards, so you were not breaking any rules.

this is not true.
no selfies! ...anytime!!!!

51 Imaging wrote:

omg i laughed so hard. thank you!

Ms Mousseline,
If i come to LA will you shoot with me?

As far as critique, the quality of image you posted is so poor its hard to tell.
However from what I can see, you look in good shape.

Jan 11 16 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

DespayreFX wrote:
You can't be serious...

She never is. Why do you think this would be a start now?

Jan 11 16 08:18 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

It is beyond comprehension of any kind how the mods of this website continue to let the OP operate in these forums. I'd suggest the obvious as to why, but I'd probably be the one banned, not her.

Jan 11 16 08:21 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Shot By Adam wrote:
It is beyond comprehension of any kind how the mods of this website continue to let the OP operate in these forums. I'd suggest the obvious as to why, but I'd probably be the one banned, not her.

I didn't ask for your opinion of me personally, so it's immaterial to this thread and immaterial to me.

Jan 11 16 09:34 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Paolo Diavolo wrote:
Ms Mousseline,
If i come to LA will you shoot with me?

As far as critique, the quality of image you posted is so poor its hard to tell.
However from what I can see, you look in good shape.

No Paolo, I wouldn't want to put you through a hell of a drive for my sake.

Jan 11 16 09:36 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Shot By Adam wrote:

She never is. Why do you think this would be a start now?

that's not true, I was serious about a critique. And I had to delete the pic because it was against the rules but you can see what my body looks like, and that's all it needed to be.

Jan 11 16 09:38 pm Link

Model

malefica

Durham, England, United Kingdom

Re. body critique; asking for opinions is fine but relying on them is a slippery slope. Different people like (and shoot) different body shapes. So long as *you* are happy with your figure, isn't that important?

PS Look up the video '1000 years of body shapes' or something to that effect on Youtube. Highlights what was considered the most beautiful in history.

Jan 12 16 12:42 am Link

Photographer

Michael McGowan

Tucson, Arizona, US

Based on what I see in your portfolio now, you have a nice figure. But you live in an area with thousands of women with nice bodies, all competing for the same work. Sometimes you'll be right for a job. Lots of times you won't. Just don't let the rejections get to you.

Jan 12 16 01:26 am Link

Photographer

Gabby57

Ponca City, Oklahoma, US

malefica wrote:
Re. body critique; asking for opinions is fine but relying on them is a slippery slope. Different people like (and shoot) different body shapes. So long as *you* are happy with your figure, isn't that important?

PS Look up the video '1000 years of body shapes' or something to that effect on Youtube. Highlights what was considered the most beautiful in history.

Adding to the above worthwhile post with a simple, "very nice figure!".

Jan 12 16 06:38 am Link

Photographer

PhotoKromze

Just to add fuel to the fire, it seems self-righteousness has seeped into this forum as well. If anyone wants to share a picture and that doesn't "conform" to the site rules, let the Mods take a call on that, and not self appointed guardians of propriety.

That said, I'm sorry the OP had to take her photo down, but, I personally really liked her figure. And the fact that she dared to be adventurous.

Jan 12 16 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Rob Photosby wrote:

Paolo Diavolo wrote:
this is not true.
no selfies! ...anytime!!!!

With greatest of respect, I think that you are mistaken.

As a gate-keeper, I am sure that you are fully aware of the total prohibition on selfies in a model's initial application, and the reason for this is to ensure that the model has worked with at least one photographer.

Once accepted to MM, a model is free to post images, provided that they conform with MM's guidelines, which are aimed mainly at eliminating the more explicitly sexual photos https://www.modelmayhem.com/help/rules/images

Jan 12 16 03:35 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Rob Photosby wrote:
With greatest of respect, I think that you are mistaken.

As a gate-keeper, I am sure that you are fully aware of the total prohibition on selfies in a model's initial application, and the reason for this is to ensure that the model has worked with at least one photographer.

Once accepted to MM, a model is free to post images, provided that they conform with MM's guidelines, which are aimed mainly at eliminating the more explicitly sexual photos https://www.modelmayhem.com/help/rules/images

well, in that  case up back it goes! YE-HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Jan 12 16 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

PhotoKromze

Mousseline wrote:
well, in that  case up back it goes! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Yaaay, and it's back πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ I liked all the pictures on your portfolio, the vintage aura surrounding the images really gets addictive.

Maybe, someday, when I'm capable enough to take your pictures....

Jan 12 16 11:08 pm Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

PhotoKromze wrote:
Maybe, someday, when I'm capable enough to take your pictures....

She's been here 2 years, Has started 90 threads on the forums (a large number of which are "how do I look?" threads), but only has 6 shoots (maybe less), and 2 selfies in her port, don't hold your breath. smile (And nope, there's no rule that says she should have more shoots, she can have as few as she likes, I'm just saying, despite all her "activity", she isn't very active).

Jan 12 16 11:58 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

DespayreFX wrote:

She's been here 2 years, Has started 90 threads on the forums (a large number of which are "how do I look?" threads), but only has 6 shoots (maybe less), and 2 selfies in her port, don't hold your breath. smile (And nope, there's no rule that says she should have more shoots, she can have as few as she likes, I'm just saying, despite all her "activity", she isn't very active).

this is all very true, but I don't have very many shoots because I'm not physically very competitive in modeling,  so I focus on other things. I went back and looked at the threads I started and many of them are critique threads about the way I look, and my look has changed quite a bit over the years so I ask for a fresh critique. Most of them are about things I'm thinking about or have happened to me.

Jan 13 16 09:10 am Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Mousseline wrote:
this is all very true, but I don't have very many shoots because I'm not physically very competitive in modeling.

I don't buy that for 1 second. In this very thread there's 2 ppl that wanna shoot with you. One you already said no to (giving some reason that's really none of your concern, if he wants to drive to you, that's his choice).

In 2 years, you couldn't come up with more shoots than that? Please. In my first year of photography, I had (wow, just counted...way more than I thought)... 112 shoots. My first X number of shoots, I had no idea at all what I was doing, and still had no trouble finding people to shoot with (in that first year, I paid 3, the rest were all TFP, and those 3 were top notch pros I felt I could learn from, and I did), and that's in a place that doesn't have models and photographers falling out of the woodwork like where you are.

And that's all in my spare time, I don't do this for a living. So there's zero chance in my mind that you have so few shoots for any other reason than "you don't want to". Competitive has nothing to do with it.

Jan 13 16 09:57 am Link

Model

Stella Sidney

DespayreFX wrote:
I don't buy that for 1 second. In this very thread there's 2 ppl that wanna shoot with you. One you already said no to (giving some reason that's really none of your concern, if he wants to drive to you, that's his choice).

In 2 years, you couldn't come up with more shoots than that? Please. In my first year of photography, I had (wow, just counted...way more than I thought)... 112 shoots. My first X number of shoots, I had no idea at all what I was doing, and still had no trouble finding people to shoot with (in that first year, I paid 3, the rest were all TFP, and those 3 were top notch pros I felt I could learn from, and I did), and that's in a place that doesn't have models and photographers falling out of the woodwork like where you are.

And that's all in my spare time, I don't do this for a living. So there's zero chance in my mind that you have so few shoots for any other reason than "you don't want to". Competitive has nothing to do with it.

You'd be surprised.

Jan 13 16 10:00 am Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Jan 13 16 10:01 am Link