Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Do they even make Fanta anymore?

I don't know, because I haven't drank soda since I was like 15.

Jan 24 16 11:42 am Link

Model

CamelliaFlower

New York, New York, US

They definitely do, saw it in CVS just last week.

I think grape flavour isn't as easily found as the original orange (like you'd have to go to an actual grocery store not a drugstore) but I'm fairly certain it's still around.

Jan 24 16 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Koryn wrote:
Do they even make Fanta anymore?

I don't know, because I haven't drank soda since I was like 15.

Ain't that Purple Drank? Or just as bad only worse?

I guess they put sugar in Windex too, or maybe it's water from those little blue cakes they put in terlets

https://40.media.tumblr.com/06b621e8c06e3bd1046dd8e735b01a5c/tumblr_n0yi5eFFWu1rdhdqto1_500.jpg

Jan 24 16 12:12 pm Link

Model

CamelliaFlower

New York, New York, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:

Nah Purple Drank is soda plus codeine cough syrup (an opioid) plus grape Jolly Ranchers.

Jan 24 16 12:18 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

CamelliaFlower wrote:

Nah Purple Drank is soda plus codeine cough syrup (an opioid) plus grape Jolly Ranchers.

Ahhh... one of those "raiding Mommy and Daddy's medicine cabinet" buzz thingies.

Don't remember the kids I hung out with doing that one, they were more into drinking mouthwash and NyQuil or sniffing gas.

My little gang was more sophisticated, we would pool our monies and one of us would walk into a busy 7-11, walk up to the counter with beer, throw the money down and walk out. The lone cashier was stuck with a line of customers and we had not stolen anything. Got away with it every time. Was always cheap beer in cans, very chic.

Jan 24 16 12:28 pm Link

Model

CamelliaFlower

New York, New York, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:
Ahhh... one of those "raiding Mommy and Daddy's medicine cabinet" buzz thingies.

Don't remember the kids I hung out with doing that one, they were more into drinking mouthwash and NyQuil or sniffing gas.

My little gang was more sophisticated, we would pool our monies and one of us would walk into a busy 7-11, walk up to the counter with beer, throw the money down and walk out. The lone cashier was stuck with a line of customers and we had not stolen anything. Got away with it every time. Was always cheap beer in cans, very chic.

I totally missed out on a wild, crazy rebellious childhood! I was a good kid, always behaved, never in trouble, never used illegal or controlled substances.

Most rebellious thing I ever did was dye my bangs Manic Panic "Infra Red".

Jan 24 16 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

CamelliaFlower wrote:

I totally missed out on a wild, crazy rebellious childhood! I was a good kid, always behaved, never in trouble, never used illegal or controlled substances.

Most rebellious thing I ever did was dye my bangs Manic Panic "Infra Red".

That is pretty wild!!! Just your bangs?

Boys are more overtly evil than girls. Girls are way smarter and don't get into the same sort of stupid shit, plus they are sneakier so do not arouse suspicion.

Jan 24 16 12:47 pm Link

Model

CamelliaFlower

New York, New York, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:
That is pretty wild!!! Just your bangs?

Boys are more overtly evil than girls. Girls are way smarter and don't get into the same sort of stupid shit, plus they are sneakier so do not arouse suspicion.

Yes, it looks almost exactly like this except my natural hair was black not brown:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kOaK68l87OU/hqdefault.jpg

I have very conservative Asian parents, I was so nervous when I did it (in my bathroom with a hair bleaching kit I borrowed from a friend) because I was sure I'd get in trouble...but they NEVER SAID ANYTHING...to this day I am not sure if they genuinely did not give a fuck or they were trolling me by pretending like they didn't mind their Respectable Asian Daughter turned into a ratty Emo kid.

It sort of never occurred to me to be truly "bad" in terms of rule-breaking, the worst thing I did was sneak on the internet by putting my laptop on my bed and hiding the light under my blanket.

Jan 24 16 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

CamelliaFlower wrote:

Yes, it looks almost exactly like this except my natural hair was black not brown:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kOaK68l87OU/hqdefault.jpg

I have very conservative Asian parents, I was so nervous when I did it (in my bathroom with a hair bleaching kit I borrowed from a friend) because I was sure I'd get in trouble...but they NEVER SAID ANYTHING...to this day I am not sure if they genuinely did not give a fuck or they were trolling me by pretending like they didn't mind their Respectable Asian Daughter turned into a ratty Emo kid.

It sort of never occurred to me to be truly "bad" in terms of rule-breaking, the worst thing I did was sneak on the internet by putting my laptop on my bed and hiding the light under my blanket.

Cute picture!! My parents would have been thrilled to have that as the worst thing their children did. 1 older brother, 2 younger sisters and all of us were insane.

Oh yeah, GRAPE FANTA FTW!!!

Jan 24 16 01:13 pm Link

Model

CamelliaFlower

New York, New York, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:
Cute picture!! My parents would have been thrilled to have that as the worst thing their children did. 1 older brother, 2 younger sisters and all of us were insane.

Oh yeah, GRAPE FANTA FTW!!!

It's not my photo haha some random girl, that's just what it looked like.

Both my brother and I were pretty quiet kids.

Oops this got off tangent. YEAH GRAPE FANTA WOOOO.

I've never tried the blueberry one, but I love blueberries so now I want to hunt it down...is it available in the US? I feel like all the foreign countries get the interesting special flavours.

Jan 24 16 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

CamelliaFlower wrote:

It's not my photo haha some random girl, that's just what it looked like.

Both my brother and I were pretty quiet kids.

Oops this got off tangent. YEAH GRAPE FANTA WOOOO.

I've never tried the blueberry one, but I love blueberries so now I want to hunt it down...is it available in the US? I feel like all the foreign countries get the interesting special flavours.

It's SF2, a topically fluid forum. I love blueberries but do not drink soda. Plus blueberries are sort of purpledy looking, not Windex colored, shit looks scary yo!!!

Ferndale WA is 15 minutes north of here, they grow more blueberries than anywhere else. When they are in season you can get piles of fresh ones for nearly nothing. Blackberries are a weed, they grow EVERYWHERE and will destroy your home and your automobile if you don't keep an eye on them. I can pick buckets full of them within a quarter mile of home.

Jan 24 16 01:26 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Shadow Dancer wrote:

CamelliaFlower wrote:

My granny referred to soda as, "orange drank," "purple drank," etc. Mountain Dew was known as "yaller drank."

Jan 24 16 01:29 pm Link

Model

Koryn

CamelliaFlower wrote:

Shadow Dancer wrote:

Actually that shit is what killed Pimp C. I'm not sure, but heard it put Lil Wayne in the hospital a few times too.
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-pimp … story.html

Codeine will shut down your respiratory system in large quantities, from my understanding.

Jan 24 16 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Koryn wrote:

Shadow Dancer wrote:

My granny referred to soda as, "orange drank," "purple drank," etc. Mountain Dew was known as "yaller drank."

So a locally variable colloquialism, nice.

I bet she called all "brown drank" "a Coke", true?

Cuz "brown drank" just sounds like effluvium.

Jan 24 16 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Koryn wrote:

Actually that shit is what killed Pimp C. I'm not sure, but heard it put Lil Wayne in the hospital a few times too.
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-pimp … story.html

Codeine will shut down your respiratory system in large quantities, from my understanding.

Yes and alcohol is a multiplier.

Enough codeine to get a buzz plus enough alcohol to get a buzz = WAY Fuckered-up!!!!

Jan 24 16 01:44 pm Link

Model

CamelliaFlower

New York, New York, US

Koryn wrote:

Yes, that is why it's now a controlled substance--you can only get it with an Rx.

Back in the day as I understand it was available over-the-counter, anyone could waltz in and buy a bottle of codeine cough syrup.

Jan 24 16 01:57 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Shadow Dancer wrote:

So a locally variable colloquialism, nice.

I bet she called all "brown drank" "a Coke", true?

Cuz "brown drank" just sounds like effluvium.

She called it "co-coler" actually.

Jan 24 16 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

CamelliaFlower wrote:

Yes, that is why it's now a controlled substance--you can only get it with an Rx.

Back in the day as I understand it was available over-the-counter, anyone could waltz in and buy a bottle of codeine cough syrup.

I drank me a mess of codeine cough syrup one time when I was a kid. Probably climbed up on the counter and got it.

It was sugary, so I glugged down enough that they took me to the doctor. He told my parents to put me to bed and not expect me to get up for a while. I don't remember much about it now. tongue

Jan 24 16 04:11 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Koryn wrote:

She called it "co-coler" actually.

Co-coler still sounds better than "brown drank"!

Jan 24 16 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I'll never understand Texas, where the question "what kind of Coke do you want" can be answered with 'Pepsi' or 'orange'.

Jan 24 16 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Robb Mann wrote:
I'll never understand Texas, where the question "what kind of Coke do you want" can be answered with 'Pepsi' or 'orange'.

That is straightforward and efficient.

I always say "Nothing" or "Water" or "Beer".

Jan 24 16 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Robb Mann wrote:

That is straightforward and efficient.

My FIRST double post, I swear it's true!!!!

GRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE FANNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 24 16 04:28 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Robb Mann wrote:

Shadow Dancer wrote:
.. is straightforward and efficient.

Or, if you're from western North Carolina or eastern Tennessee, it's not even " orange."

It's "arr'nge."

I don't even know how to spell that.

Jan 24 16 04:48 pm Link

Model

CamelliaFlower

New York, New York, US

Koryn wrote:
Or, if you're from western North Carolina or eastern Tennessee, it's not even " orange."

It's "arr'nge."

I don't even know how to spell that.

"Ahhrr'nge"?

Jan 24 16 06:21 pm Link

Model

Koryn

CamelliaFlower wrote:

"Ahhrr'nge"?

Actually, yeah, that's a little closer.

I'm not very good at phonetic spelling.

Jan 26 16 07:11 am Link

Model

CamelliaFlower

New York, New York, US

Koryn wrote:
Actually, yeah, that's a little closer.

I'm not very good at phonetic spelling.

I get some practice from explaining to Americans how to pronounce words in Chinese.

Jan 26 16 12:26 pm Link

Model

Koryn

CamelliaFlower wrote:
I get some practice from explaining to Americans how to pronounce words in Chinese.

Chinese is kind of a bad-ass language. I think you have to basically be a genius just to learn all the cool alphabet-words.

Jan 26 16 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

What is this "Fanta?" that you speak of?

It's Nehi - or it ain't werth drankin'

A Nehi, or an RC - combined with a Moon Pie  - - would leave us kids incoherent and hyperactive for whole afternoons.

Pah! -  Fanta....... sad

Jan 26 16 09:48 pm Link

Model

CamelliaFlower

New York, New York, US

Koryn wrote:
Chinese is kind of a bad-ass language. I think you have to basically be a genius just to learn all the cool alphabet-words.

Honestly most people don't learn literally all of them. Once you learn the most commonly used ones you can read most things.

What cracks me up about the language though is how they create new words for new things with existing characters that already have their own individual meanings, because then the literal meaning of things becomes extremely convoluted and humorous.

Jan 26 16 10:38 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

They even make strawberry Fanta.

I love really sweet soda but I've given most of it up except for maybe a caffeine free root beer on occasion.

Jan 27 16 05:32 am Link

Photographer

Jim Shibley

Phoenix, Arizona, US

At my local convenience store they have Orange, Strawberry & Cherry-Limeade Fanta. The history of Fanta is interesting. During WWII, the ingredients for Coke were embargoed in Germany. So a soda was developed using local ingredients. After the war Coke marketed it & came up with lots of different flavors.

Feb 04 16 03:41 am Link

Model

The Matthew Ross

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

I see it sometimes on drive thru menus.....

(by the way I'm in Oklahoma, it is REFRESHING to see it referred to as SODA & not pop! )

ok back to this water.

Feb 09 16 08:44 am Link

Model

The Matthew Ross

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

I see it sometimes on drive thru menus.....

(by the way I'm in Oklahoma, it is REFRESHING to see it referred to as SODA & not pop! )

ok back to this water.

Feb 09 16 08:44 am Link