Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Amateur Re-Touching With Photoshop To Be Banned

Photographer

R.EYE.R

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

Under the new legislation, photographers could be fined or have their computers confiscated, if they press the skin smoother button too many times and make the model look like a boiled egg with lipstick on.

Full story here...big_smile
http://beezlystreet.com/2015/04/13/amat … be-banned/

Jan 26 16 06:02 am Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

no way.....

you mean to tell me some of the models wear knickers... lol

Jan 26 16 08:12 am Link

Photographer

R.EYE.R

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

So I have heard....big_smile

Jan 27 16 07:02 am Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

Silly law.

Since many actors have written into their contracts "to make them look better," via make-up or digital retouching by a colorist after production (Basically, Photoshoping film and video via DaVinci Resolve 12, etc.), seems pointless.

Let's get rid of make-up counters too since they don't represent the true looks of the person using them.  No more wigs either!

Jan 27 16 09:52 am Link

Photographer

Mary Durante Youtt

Barnegat, New Jersey, US

Phew!   I've nothing to worry about, I'm not skilled enough in PS to do anything like that.  I can remove a few blemishes and soften wrinkles a little.  You will still look like you when I'm done.

Jan 27 16 10:00 am Link

Photographer

Don Garrett

Escondido, California, US

Life, (and Photoshop) are learning experiences, learning should NOT be banned. Of course, beginners should not do "professional" work. Perhaps, the one hiring should have a system, or be should be more vigilant. In other "professions" hiring one for a particular job is NOT done "willy-nilly".
-Don

Jan 27 16 10:26 am Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

you guys know this was on the Beezly Street Gazette right?

Jan 27 16 10:30 am Link

Jan 27 16 01:25 pm Link