Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Abe Vigoda, Actor of ‘Godfather’ Fame, Dies at 94

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

R.I.P. Abe

I used to watch Barney Miller just for his scenes... he always just hit perfectly.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/27/arts/ … v=top-news

"Abe Vigoda, the sad-faced actor who emerged from a workmanlike stage career to find belated fame in the 1970s as the earnest mobster Tessio in “The Godfather” and the dyspeptic Detective Phil Fish on the hit sitcom “Barney Miller,” died on Tuesday morning in Woodland Park, N.J. He was 94, having outlived by about 34 years an erroneous report of his death that made him a cult figure."

Jan 26 16 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

highStrangeness

Carmichael, California, US

rfordphotos wrote:
R.I.P. Abe

I used to watch Barney Miller just for his scenes... he always just hit perfectly.

"Abe Vigoda, the sad-faced actor who emerged from a workmanlike stage career to find belated fame in the 1970s as the earnest mobster Tessio in “The Godfather” and the dyspeptic Detective Phil Fish on the hit sitcom “Barney Miller,” died on Tuesday morning in Woodland Park, N.J. He was 94, having outlived by about 34 years an erroneous report of his death that made him a cult figure."

Aww man.  We're losin' good people too often recently.  Scott Weiland, Lemmy, David Bowie, and now Abe?

Well, at least he lived a long damned time.  He sure hung in there didn't he?

Jan 26 16 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

r.i.p., but if someone asked me the old "dead or alive?" question about abe a couple days ago, i would not have had the answer.

now i have another reason to watch the godfather again, soon.

Jan 26 16 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

He popped up all over the place.  He was the island chief in "Joe Versus The Volcano", too.

94 -- that's a darn good run.  RIP.

Jan 26 16 04:56 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

rfordphotos wrote:
R.I.P. Abe

Detective Fish was my favorite character. RIP Abe Vigoda.

Jen

Jan 26 16 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

Tropic Light

Kailua, Hawaii, US

RIP Abe.

Jan 26 16 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Collins

Orlando, Florida, US

Awww.  RIP Abe.  I was always so happy to hear he was still around after all these years.  A true classic.

Jan 27 16 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Jen B wrote:
Detective Fish was my favorite character. RIP Abe Vigoda.

I'll never forget when he fell asleep in a massage parlor and then said that his wife always rubbed him the wrong way!

Jan 27 16 09:41 am Link