Photographer

Redcrown

West Des Moines, Iowa, US

I have one extended family member with red skin. And I mean really red, almost fire engine red. He's a 40 year old caucasian. On group shots with good white balance, everybody else looks good, but he looks like a nuclear accident victim. Strangely, he does not look that different to the human eye. In fact, he looks pretty good. Smooth skin, no blemishes.

I know how to fix him in post, but I have to carefully select him and do some heavy adjustments. I know there is nothing I can do about it when shooting, but I'm just curious about the cause. Anybody have experience? Anybody know the cause? Some medical condition?

Feb 03 16 09:36 am Link

Retoucher

The Invisible Touch

Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain

This is a retouching group!! :-)

Feb 03 16 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Redcrown wrote:
I have one extended family member with red skin. And I mean really red, almost fire engine red. He's a 40 year old caucasian. On group shots with good white balance, everybody else looks good, but he looks like a nuclear accident victim. Strangely, he does not look that different to the human eye. In fact, he looks pretty good. Smooth skin, no blemishes.

I know how to fix him in post, but I have to carefully select him and do some heavy adjustments. I know there is nothing I can do about it when shooting, but I'm just curious about the cause. Anybody have experience? Anybody know the cause? Some medical condition?

Ever thought about asking a doctor

Feb 03 16 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

nevermind

Feb 03 16 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

You know there's a magic method to take care of red skin flush without "careful masking". You might want to brush in (on your tablet)) on a general mask a bit. Can't find the link just now (I just lost my SSD C: drive on my main computer), but probably many know about this technique in this forum.

Feb 05 16 09:02 pm Link

Retoucher

Pictus

Teresópolis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Dead SSD/HD sucks, better use the longer life models like the Samsung Pro series...
The SSD Endurance Experiment http://techreport.com/review/27909/the- … e-all-dead

Feb 07 16 01:53 am Link