Forums > Model Colloquy > Mature Women And Boudoir Photography

Photographer

Aberotica

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom

It seems to be a common thing for some mature women (35+) to come to modelling through first experiencing a Boudoir photography shoot. How many of you mature models started that way?

Feb 11 16 07:16 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

That's very true, as I know of a number of other mature women who either wanted a boudoir album to give someone as a surprise, or wanted to do a nude modelling session just as a bucket list adventure, and then liked it so much they went on to continue with modelling for years afterward. I used to assist a photographer with some of those sessions, and we always made it a point to let them know there were opportunities for women of every age. Some went on to model for artists, while others did both art and photo modelling.

I started modelling at 35, but it was in a group of artists doing nude figure drawing. I had always wanted to experience what it was like to be naked in front of a group of artists or photographers, and it was totally unplanned. I had dropped in to see what my husband who had been an art model for many years was doing with the group that he posed for on a regular basis. I worked up my courage, got out of my clothes, and joined him on the platform. Within weeks I was swamped with requests to model for other artists and for photographers, based strictly on word of mouth referrals from the artists who were present that evening, so I decided to just go with it and have never stopped until recently.

Feb 11 16 10:28 am Link

Photographer

Aberotica

A somewhat disappointing response - ah well, onwards and upwards. smile

Feb 16 16 11:03 am Link

Photographer

SoftLights

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Aberotica  wrote:
A somewhat disappointing response - ah well, onwards and upwards. smile

Why would you consider MatureModels response disappointing? She provided you with a pretty good explanation of her own personal experiences and those of others she's known and worked with. Or where you looking for something else altogether?

Feb 16 16 11:28 am Link

Photographer

Aberotica

I don't consider her response disappointing - she's a lovely lady who I have spoken to before. I was referring to quantity. smile

Feb 16 16 11:37 am Link

Photographer

SoftLights

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Aberotica  wrote:
I don't consider her response disappointing - she's a lovely lady who I have spoken to before. I was referring to quantity. smile

Ohhh, I see. Maybe more will see it and respond. It is a pretty interesting subject. I've been contacted by several models who have decided to test the waters after the kids were grown and she had some time on her hands. The ones I've worked with were quite enthusiastic and put a lot into it. I hope more will see your post and respond to it.

Feb 16 16 12:02 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

I'm amazed there haven't been more responses as well, because I know there are quite a few mature models here on MM other than myself. Perhaps not many of them are active in the forums.

Feb 16 16 03:21 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

I started with an all nude photo shoot in my 40's. No clothes whatsoever.

Feb 16 16 06:48 pm Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

had just quit my job and was planning to take a little time off and enjoy the Florida sunshine before looking for another job.

I was surfing Craigslist and answered an ad to model for some art nudes. The photographer called me and we set up a shoot for the following weekend. I got paid from my first shoot. I ended up shooting with many more photographers locally just from Craigslist. A few months into it, a photographer told me about Model Mayhem and I set up a profile. He is now in prison but I guess that's another story....

Feb 16 16 09:48 pm Link

Model

Alex NW

Portland, Oregon, US

I'm not very mature and I didn't start in boudoir but l want share my opinion too.

A 18 year old woman has a different kind of beauty than a woman over 30.   The transition from princess to queen happens. There's a slightly different glint in the woman's eyes and a different wisdom in their smile.

I am hired for more boudoir shoots now than I was 10+ years ago.  I enjoy this style more now than I did back then, I think mostly because my beauty ideals have changed and matured with me.

Feb 18 16 10:44 am Link

Photographer

Todd Meredith

Fayetteville, North Carolina, US

Amber NW wrote:
I'm not very mature and I didn't start in boudoir but l want share my opinion too.

A 18 year old woman has a different kind of beauty than a woman over 30.   The transition from princess to queen happens. There's a slightly different glint in the woman's eyes and a different wisdom in their smile.

I am hired for more boudoir shoots now than I was 10+ years ago.  I enjoy this style more now than I did back then, I think mostly because my beauty ideals have changed and matured with me.

Totally agree with your sentiments, Amber.  I would have to say more than half of the boudoir shoots I've done were for women in their late 30s to one lady who was 57 but looked mid 30s.  Almost all of them wanted to do something special for their other half but some just wanted to do something daring for themselves.  The greatest thing about working with mature ladies is the attitude.  They're comfortable with being partially or some fully nude.  They liked being seen in sexy lingerie as a sensual, vibrant woman. 

I can honestly say those shoots were some of the most enjoyable from the standpoint of who I was working with to create some amazing images.

Ladies, don't cheat yourself.  Book a classy boudoir session, doing it for yourself and enjoy a day being pampered.

Best wishes to everyone.

Feb 18 16 11:33 am Link

Photographer

Ike Lace Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

SoftLights wrote:

Why would you consider MatureModels response disappointing? She provided you with a pretty good explanation of her own personal experiences and those of others she's known and worked with. Or where you looking for something else altogether?

He's looking for mature models who want to shoot boudoir with him (of course)

Feb 19 16 05:42 pm Link

Model

Rose Valentina

Durham, England, United Kingdom

After a couple of years of dabbling in self-portraiture I felt the urge to be photographed by others. I started modelling nude for photographers at the age of 34 and am glad I fulfilled that desire.

Feb 21 16 05:18 am Link

Photographer

Aberotica

Ike Lace Photography wrote:

He's looking for mature models who want to shoot boudoir with him (of course)

Sorry Ike, you got that one wrong. smile

Feb 21 16 06:12 am Link

Model

Kimber D G

Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, US

I actually got my start when I was scouted for a pharmaceutical campaign, and was asked if I had headshots. ( I didn't).
So, I hired a professional photographer and an HMUA, and began submitting.

Mar 08 16 07:22 am Link

Model

Caitin Bre

Apache Junction, Arizona, US

Nah I was 18 (actually 17 I lied about my age and he didn't care).
But I didn't really do to much in the way of nudes until my later 30s (other than BD work) then I got serious about Erotic around 41 or so. I do mostly nudes and erotic work now.

I see Scotland in your profile. Do you wear Kilts? I have this thing about a photoshoot with the photographer wearing a Kilt... smile

Mar 10 16 11:37 am Link