Forums > Newbie Forum > Hi I'm new!!! How do I network with photographers?

Model

Gabriella Dayz

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

Hi! I'm a model from Boston and I'm just trying to figure out how do I connect with active photographers that want to do castings and shoots to increase my portfolio? Thanks!

Mar 08 16 11:59 am Link

Photographer

J Haggerty

Augusta, Georgia, US

gabriellaAcosta wrote:
Hi! I'm a model from Boston and I'm just trying to figure out how do I connect with active photographers that want to do castings and shoots to increase my portfolio? Thanks!

Hello again!

It's a good idea to post an availability notice for your area letting local photographers know that your there. Give a general description of the type of shoots you're interested in an looking for as well as what you can bring to the shoot (if you have a specific idea and the wardrobe to make, this is a good thing to note).

Casting calls are great for when you have something specific to shoot in mind. With these you'll want to be as detailed as possible. Pinterest is a great tool to use as a mood/inspiration board and including one can help people connect to your vision.

Browse the local availability notices and casting calls and see which ones interest you and apply.

Good luck!

Mar 08 16 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

As above.

Check Castings and search for local photographer's, contacting those you would like to work with.

All the Best to You! smile

Mar 09 16 12:11 am Link