Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Critique Please

Model

KoryAnakin

Fort Worth, Texas, US

Hello,

I am considering getting back into modeling (have been on and off for a couple of years now) and would like to know what I should work on photo-wise.

The photos in my port with the graffiti in the background were taken earlier this week.

In all honesty, is modeling something that I should pursue, should I work on certain things (for example posing, maybe cut down to chisel my face, etc..), or would you say that modeling just isn't my thing?

And advice/criticism will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mar 23 16 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

KoryAnakin wrote:
...And advice/criticism will be appreciated...

Kory keep working out at the gym... Fitness and physique are possibilities for you but fashion isn't since you're maybe a tad short and a lit' heavy for runway...

Keep in mind that this industry is highly competitive... If you aren't working out seriously then rest assured there are others who are and will move ahead of you in the line...

The benefits from toning your physique are many... even if you don't make it in the modeling industry it's a fine attribute to have a well toned body...

Here is your top competition... you would benefit from imagery such as this in your book...
Those guys are on the Development Board of a major agency... They are bringing their "A" game to the table... might follow their lead...

All the best...

Mar 26 16 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

Chanel Rene

Huntington Beach, California, US

Modeling definitely suits you. Now you just need to figure out where your body type fits in.
You could get into fitness modeling (shouldn't be hard to find a sports photographer in Texas). But you'd have to tone and chisel.
I think you've got an "all american" look, you could totally do lifestyle and print modeling. (Think PacSun, Hurley, Forever 21), but you'd have to slim down a bit...

As far as fashion goes, I'm not seeing it based on what you've got in your port already.

Good luck!

Apr 01 16 01:00 pm Link

Photographer

Chanel Rene

Huntington Beach, California, US

Thomas Van Dyke wrote:
Here is your top competition... you would benefit from imagery such as this in your book...
Those guys are on the Development Board of a major agency... They are bringing their "A" game to the table... might follow their lead...

All the best...

DNA's men's board is beautiful. Such a nice range of models.

Apr 01 16 01:01 pm Link

Model

KoryAnakin

Fort Worth, Texas, US

Thank you so much to both of you!

Thomas, I appreciate the honesty! I will definitely step up my gym game. And yeah, I was only looking at doing print modeling anyways. I will start looking at modeling in more of a job-like sense, because that is exactly what it is. Work.

Chanel, thank you for the encouragement. I definitely should lean down and chisel up. I may start going to a bodybuilding gym in the near future so that I can learn how to get that american muscle look, as you see in a lot of the Holister/Ambercrombie ads.

Apr 04 16 08:49 am Link