Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > critiques about my website

Photographer

Pascal Heimlicher

Los Angeles, California, US

hi there
could anyone give me some serious critiques about my website?
is it too much chaotic picture puzzle?
anything i should change?
www.pascalheimlicher.com
thanks for any advice.
best,
pascal

Mar 27 16 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

pascal heimlicher wrote:
...serious critiques about my website?
...anything i should change?

Pascal, your publications and client list are far beyond what one would expect on a hobbyist site such as Mayhem... I'm trying to get me head around why you are even active on this site?  With your credentials are you really looking to collaborate with members of this site?  Seriously...

I'm absolutely certain that you can find talent on the development boards of nearly all major agencies...

As for your web site?  nicely done, albeit there is a slight disconnect with layout and color harmonies...
What I'm saying here is that the layout of your landing page (Fashion) does not reflect the quality of your work... Please consider bringing an accomplished tenured graphic designer into the mix here...

Second issue is your Beauty page in my humble estimation isn't beauty genre but rather "in your face nudity" which may be pushing limits for agency imagery in the US...  there are boundaries to what is considered appropriate and germane... However for Europe? Acceptable? Clueless here in as I don't work that market...

Final thoughts? Clients rarely if ever care about equipment, Phase One or otherwise... lose this and let your imagery stand on it's merits,... trust me it will indeed do so...

Your vision and visual statement is a breath of fresh air in a desert of mediocrity...
Thank you for sharing...

Mar 27 16 05:13 pm Link