Photographer

EG IMAGE photography

Greenville, South Carolina, US

It seems a pity - when one looks through the winners of the 18+ women contest - the most noticeable feature is frequently the overt genital display.  Hereafter referred to as OGD.

Many of the winning photographs are taken by very skilled photographers with talented model subjects but I suspect that they clearly recognize that to win is to appeal to the baser instincts of the mainly male voters.  OGD almost always trumps (sorry Donny) interpretive skill, composition, lighting and, dare I say it: art.

I know, I know - it is called "18+" and it is a free vote.  But, just for one example, go look at the work shown in Model Society and most images are "18+", however they contain far more than OGD.

Oh, as a disclaimer, I admit to entering the 18+ contest and winning occasionally.  I also admit to admiring the female figure - Playboy or Model Society.  I guess what bothers me a tad is that there are entries to these competitions from truly talented photographers and models that are often relegated to 'runners up' simply because there is insufficient OGD.

Apr 11 16 08:20 am Link

Retoucher

iSvend

BOISE, Idaho, US

That pretty much sums up why I quit voting and have only submitted once. I'll admit though, that I scroll through just to look.

Apr 11 16 12:39 pm Link