Forums > Newbie Forum > trading services

Makeup Artist

nickynash

West Chester, Pennsylvania, US

How would i go about getting a few models that i can do their hair and makeup and take pics to start a portfolio for myself? Thinking like a trade, let me do my work on them and let them have copies of the photos...  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Apr 15 16 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

I think your best bet would be to browse (first button on the left on the tool bar at the top of the page) the photographers in your area and send them a friendly note offering to do the hair and makeup on their shoots on a TFP basis.  They can get the models and in any event, it is the photographer (who is after all the person who owns the copyright) who is normally the only one who can give the models permission to use the pictures.  An added benefit from your point of view is that it will give you a chance to work in styles that you may not yet have experienced.

You might also want to post an availability notice (second button from the left "castings") to let the photographers know that you are available on a TFP basis, but my guess is that a friendly note to the photographers, especially the newer ones who are trying to build their own portfolios, will be more effective in the short run.

All IMHO as always, of course.

Apr 15 16 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

nickynash wrote:
How would i go about getting a few models that i can do their hair and makeup and take pics to start a portfolio for myself? Thinking like a trade, let me do my work on them and let them have copies of the photos...  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

ask the good photographers, you and the model will get better images. read this discussion
https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/957503

Apr 15 16 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

martin b

Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines

you can also search for wedding photographers.  you can be a second makeup artist or assistant and make some cash.

Apr 16 16 01:27 pm Link