Forums > Critique > Models/ Photographers I would love to know ....

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Your thoughts on this  +18 image.

Love to hear everyone's thoughts

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/40531212

+18

Apr 25 16 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

You are one of the best photographers on MM by a wide margin, and this photo has a lot to commend it, but the "amputated" leg lets it down, in my opinion.

Apr 26 16 05:53 am Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I do like the shot, well composed, exposed and finished, all with a great model to boot.
I must say the tassels across the table edge are very distracting to my eye, but aside from this, very well done!

Apr 26 16 05:53 am Link

Photographer

Dan Dozer

Palm Springs, California, US

Sorry, but this one just doesn't do it for me. While it's not bad technically, there are aspects of it that compositionally don't really appeal to me.  I don't like the way she is turned with her head back behind her.  I also don't like the pose from the standpoint that the model is clearly straining to hold the pose.  I think this looses the grace and femininity of the model.  I think you have many much better images.

May 01 16 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

thiswayup

Runcorn, England, United Kingdom

My reaction was "This is a picture of a beautiful woman who has had a leg amputated; that's interesting, I wonder what the photographer was trying to say - Oh; her leg is bent back. Is he trying to make a point about - No, he just got her to bend because he thought it looked interesting." The actual picture couldn't compare to the one that I thought it was.

May 01 16 02:27 pm Link

Photographer

Modelphilia

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Overall, I find it over-lit. The brightness of the table is distracting, as are the many highlights. Toning all that down might make it more interesting.

The pose makes her look a bit skeletal (intentional?), due to her stiffened arms and raised shoulders, making her breasts seem to hang on her bones rather than compliment her trimness.

The bent leg doesn't bother me quite as much as it does others here, but it might be nice to see a sliver of it in the background. Not so sure I like the extreme tilt of her head.

If the lighting were toned down it *might* all work better.

May 12 16 01:10 am Link