Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > The Last Frame NZ

Photographer

Skyfall_NZ

Riverton, Southland, New Zealand

I would welcome serious and constructive criticism of my work - my overall photographic style, technique and abilities.

Thanks
The Last Frame NZ

May 01 16 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

thiswayup

Runcorn, England, United Kingdom

My reply will probably be the least useful one you get. My perspective is that of someone who has been shooting a very short time and has been looking at classic work like crazy. Like most of what I say here, half my reason for saying it is to see how I might be wrong.

You're technically competent, know how to compose a shot and pose a model, and your style is such that like or dislike is mostly a matter of personal taste for that style. The one semi-objective negative reaction I have is that - based on the very small sample of shots here - you don't have a larger range of mood or composition. It's like you're taking the same platonic image over and over again most of the time, adapting - skillfully! - to opportunities in the background.

Of course, that's a criticism you could make of some very successful photographers, and when it's the biggest criticism someone imagine making of your work - even when it doesn't resonate with them personally - then it means you're good.

May 01 16 02:06 pm Link