Forums > Model Colloquy > Oh Miss Kerr - Starkers Harpers Bazaar Cover

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Miranda Kerr - in all of her ( implied ) glory on the cover of Harpers Bazaar

Australian Edition of course ( as it would be far to revealing for an American Cover )

Raises the Question for Me though with respect to All Fashion Models ?

Would You do it ?

Plus 18 I guess for You American Puritans  -but no such restrictions for the rest of us ( lol )

http://cdn.harpersbazaar.com.sg/2015/12 … 00x967.jpg

May 25 16 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Garry k wrote:

Austran Edition of course ( as it would be far to revealing for an American Cover )

Would You do it ?

Plus 18 I guess for You American Purirans  -but no such restrictions for the rest of us ( lol )

Ummm, Are you sure just Americans? CLICK HERE

May 25 16 01:46 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

I'm not a fashion model as that genre never really appealed to me, but I think that cover photo is awesome, she is just beautiful and I see nothing objectionable about her state of undress. It's completely tasteful and the highest quality work.

I would do a pose like that in a heartbeat, naked in a public place with an amazing background, if it were shot by a professional for publication in such a widely distributed and respected magazine. Any model should..........not all are brave enough.  The bottom line is where else can you get such great free publicity for your modelling endeavors?  This cover photo will undoubtedly be discussed in hundreds of venues, online, on the radio, TV, and among groups of people in person. It's tastefully done and can only boost her career.

May 25 16 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Garry k wrote:

Austran Edition of course ( as it would be far to revealing for an American Cover )

Plus 18 I guess for You American Purirans  -but no such restrictions for the rest of us ( lol )

Love it!!!

May 25 16 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Garry k wrote:

Would You do it ?

udor wrote:
Love it!!!

I'm not a model so I can't answer his original question, but I am with you.  It is wonderful!

May 25 16 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

American Glamour wrote:

Might be too much for the Grocery Stores but hopefully they are still stocking it in the Book and Magazine Stores

THats where i picked up mine here

I was scheduled to meet a photogapher friend for dinner yesterday - and arrived a bit early so I popped across the street to look at the Fashion Mags at a Bookstore , I saw the Harpers Bazaar and immedialty purchased it ( first fashion magazine i have purchased in probably 4-5 months though i used to buy a lot of them esp Fr Vogue and Numero ) So I then proceed to meet my friend for dinner and the first thing he says to me is
"Have You seen the new  Miranda Kerr Cover "?

LOL

tongue

May 25 16 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Garry k wrote:
Might be too much for the Grocery Stores but hopefully they are still stocking it in the Book and Magazine Stores

THats where i picked up mine here

I was scheduled to meet a photogapher friend for dinner yesterday - and arrived a bit early so I popped across the street to look at the Fashion Mags at a Bookstore , I saw the Harpers Bazaar and immedialty purchased it ( first fashion magazine i have purchased in probably 4-5 months though i used to buy a lot of them esp Fr Vogue and Numero ) So I then proceed to meet my friend for dinner and the first thing he says to me is
"Have You seen the new  Miranda Kerr Cover "?

LOL

tongue

It is a great cover.  There are plenty of places where we'll be able to find it here.  Bookstores, for sure.  I suspect in both countries, some grocery stores would shy away (although I never seen Australian editions of anything here at a grocery).

Good find!

May 25 16 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Herman Surkis

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Garry k wrote:

Would You do it ?

Plus 18 I guess for You American Puritans  -but no such restrictions for the rest of us ( lol )

Sorry, but this needs to come with a 'Heart Attack Warning" for us old guys.

May 25 16 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

lol

May 25 16 08:24 pm Link

Model

Michelle Genevieve

Gaithersburg, Maryland, US

Garry k wrote:
Would You do it ?

In a heartbeat! That is, if modeling were my full time profession. Since I have another job there's no way, but if I didn't need that then I'd do stuff like this all day long.

May 25 16 09:29 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

Los Angeles, California, US

Miranda Kerr is my dream client and I love everything she does! But I don't see what is so special about this cover because as of late there have been quite a few implied magazine covers. Nudity in fashion is more common now.

May 25 16 11:16 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Alannah The Stylist wrote:
Miranda Kerr is my dream client and I love everything she does! But I don't see what is so special about this cover because as of late there have been quite a few implied magazine covers. Nudity in fashion is more common now.

It seems that nudity in fashion is almost expected/required of models and has definitely become more popular in recent years. However it's nothing new, think back to a very naked and extremely pregnant Demi Moore on the Vanity Fair cover in August 1991, which got my full attention in a hurry as I was also pregnant at the time. There were plenty of naked, or nearly so, photos in mainstream fashion well before then.

May 26 16 10:18 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Alannah The Stylist wrote:

To Me its Special due to the Lightinig and Posing

Its very eyecatching

( nude or not )

May 26 16 04:35 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

American Glamour wrote:

I always discover certain commonalities among the US, UK and Australia... Canada not as bad tho, who all have a Puritan heritage.

However, Australia produced some hilarious, but later banned commercials that are sexual and successful on the internet... e.g.: "Naked Brand Condom Commercial"

May 26 16 05:36 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Her body kicks ass and it's a beautiful cover.
If anyone with that body like that didn't show it off so tastefully like this, it would be a travesty.

May 26 16 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Benjamin Kanarek

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Garry k wrote:

Australian Edition of course ( as it would be far to revealing for an American Cover )

Would You do it ?

Ever since divorcing from Orlando Bloom her notoriety is diminishing, so what ever she can do to stoke the fires...

Jun 07 16 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Benjamin Kanarek wrote:

Ever since divorcing from Orlando Bloom her notoriety is diminishing, so what ever she can do to stoke the fires...

Always Great to Have A Real International Pro Fashion Photographer join the convo!

smile

Yes , She probably needs to get the Buzz Back

Do you think its given her that boost in the rankings so speak ?

Jun 08 16 07:45 am Link

Model

Samantha Pamintuan

Greenville, South Carolina, US

If it was for a high paid popular publication magazine like this then yes. The cover photo looks  tasteful and covered in the right places. Plus Miranda Kerr looks fantastic!

Jun 11 16 01:04 pm Link