Forums > Model Colloquy > first shoots

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

How long ago was your first photoshoot?

What was memorable about it?

What did you like/dislike?

Not trying to discover any great truths or insights, just idle curiosity.

.Mine was almost sixty years ago in Chicago, a cattle call collecting pictures for a forthcoming advertising campaign of some sort, and I was as green as grass.  We were about 25 or 30 guys at a time in swimsuits or underwear being called in one at a time to stand on a platform and be photographed, front and both profiles, by a female photographer who kept saying over and over, "Mmmm! what a good looking guy!" to get us to break down and smile.  I liked that part.  When I got back to the holding pen to dress I found that someone had swiped my raincoat.  I didn't like that, nor did I like the fact that I didn't get the job.

Sep 02 16 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

Mine was back in 2002 when we still lived in Valdosta Ga., a Tampa fetish model named Vesta contacted me via MM and invited my wife and I to her home and shoot. Vesta's husband and her had a large website and were also shooting for themselves with a model named Charlee Chase and said I could shoot them both at no cost. Just for the experience.

My wife was also a budding bondage model and this would be my first time tying and shooting anyone other than her and I was as nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs and I'll never forget that first set of photos. I had all three girls hogtied on the floor when Charlee said she had something on her boob and would I please remove it. Gawd...I was supposed to actually touch her boob? So I'm kneeling down but can't see a thing but Charlee does and directed me to a piece of dark lint that was on her nipple, how the hell she saw it was beyond me and here I am probbing and maneuvering a hot model's titty to find lint. I was so nervous I could barely talk and everyone else was laughing at my inability to find said lint but after that I saw it was just a job and all that nervousness melted away. Never forgot that moment. lol

Sep 03 16 01:43 pm Link